Thread: Vista cannot connect to the Internet

1. Vista cannot connect to the Internet

This is why I hate Vista. I instal it, everything is fine for about a week, and then out of the blue the dan thing cannot connect to the internet and everything turns to shit. I was literally just on it, and it decides to crap out saying there is no connection. I've switched back and forth between XP and Vista and never had this problem with XP. All the drivers are updated, connected it straight to the modem, but nothing. WTF is going on here and how the hell do I fix this? I'm about to go back to XP for the millionth time because of this shit.

2. i know i had connectivity issues whenever i had the more recent network card drivers (for my NIC) from Windows Update. rolled back to the originals and has been fine since.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    I'm about to go back to XP for the millionth time because of this shit.
    Stick to XP. There really is nothing substantial enough in Vista to warrant using it over any alternative.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    Stick to XP. There really is nothing substantial enough in Vista to warrant using it over any alternative.

Tommy Tallarico
    IBTN

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post

Tommy Tallarico
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    IBTN

Oh trust me, IBTN. I saw that SP1 was out, was bored, and seeing as I rarely use windows now, decided to give it yet another shot. I don't know why I keep trying. I'm gonna keep it until I beat Gears PC on Insane and back up my steam games, then it is straight back to XP.

6. Hmmmm... weird. It is either your internet connection / dns problem / nic / or your router. Check your drivers for your nic, reinstall/upgrade or roll back like Dyne said. Upgrade your router firmware.