Did you ever ask him?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mykozo View Post
    Did you ever ask him?
    Fuck

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB
    Entry: DisableSelectiveSuspend
    Type: DWORD
    Value: 1 disables selective suspend. 0 enables selective suspend
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 28 Mar 2008 at 07:03 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It's unlikely, but check to make sure that the USB ports are switched to "ON" in the bios. If it has a 1.1 and a 2.0 switch try toggling it.
    Unlikely that anyone would do something like that, but worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    Upgrade your bios if you can and or reinstall the drivers for the usb host.
    I was going to ask initially if the previous owner had perhaps reinstalled windows prior to it dying, but never Windows updated or reinstalled the mobo's chipset drivers. If it's a Dell, dude, you should be able to Google the model number and get all the updates from their site.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    also if they're usb 2.0 ports, you'll need at least SP1 on that macine for them to operate at 2.0 speeds. i've also sometimes seen ports oddly enough not work at all until SP1 was installed (instead of operating at 1.0 speeds).

also
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329632
    Pretty much, check out whats up with XP's updates, check your device manager, and let us know what is up from there and we can help you out.

4. Melf try above, my guy sent it too me a couple of days ago. It was from a microsoft help desk issue we have a few months ago. If it's typical microsoft shit, it's cut and paste off something. But it may work.

You can replace the RJ45 on your computer (the usb) for about .89 cents.btw.

5. oh and Melf. the babble Biff typed in post #12 can be found by opening a run dialog and typing regedit, then hitting enter.

a window with a whole bunch of system trees should pop up.