Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Logo Help!

1. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    I didnt put it through a photoshop filter, i was doing it by the pen tool dot by dot.

This is a logo for watermarked pictures, logo for club flyers, for the web site, and possibly one for the business cards.

http://picasaweb.google.com/briangmo...gitalPortfolio

theres my digital portfolio, mind taking a whack at it?

I was talking about Advocates not yours.

2. I never said I was a designer. He wanted ideas. The main idea is that the focus should be on the hair and glasses for his logo. That's what his friends he works with told him to focus on. His first idea still had the focus on his head. When it should more or less be the glasses and hair.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. can you still take a whack at it thought?
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. no one else will help me!? D=
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. Take it from me, this is your best bet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. i love it :x

7. Honestly this is probably one of the hardest logo samples to do because the company is named after you (which I'm personally not a fan of in general, but it's not my call). The hair and glasses seems iconic to the people around you, but are they the ones going to be giving you potential business? A client may come along and see the hair and get confused. Especially with productions (you could be a hair and make-up company or something for all they know). From a marketing perspective is this the greatest way to brand yourself?

Anyway I think Advocate's first design on white was a decent attempt. The faux-hawk and glasses are too big and the typeface is pretty assy but the use of whitespace for the face makes it really iconic. So nice work Advocate for someone just fooling around -- all logo's start off as a rough piece of garbage rendering to start. Once you get the idea down you start to spend time fine-tuning it from there. Pineapple's isn't too bad, either. Though obviously a gag it has a raw style to it that might be fine to explore. It would need a lot of polish.

Also Photoshop isn't a good program to use for logo's for production purposes. If you ever get enough money to get professional design work done they'll request a vector EPS file. If you don't have it they'll gladly make one for you and charge you accordingly. For vector EPS's get to know Illustrator. At first it will seem like a strange and foreign land you've stumbled upon. But once you become familiar you won't ever go back to Photoshop for logo's or line work.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 Mar 2008 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. I am completely out of money to invest into more design programs, thats why i had decided to post on TNL, in hopes TNL, the design group of tnl, and the helpful group of TNL would help me work this one out. This was just a quick idea i had in my head, and like i said in the first post the name isnt final whatsoever, i just feel i should differentiate my video/film "periphrasis productions" away from photography work. I am completely open ears with TNL if TNL does wanna help me out with this.

9. When I go into work on Monday, I'll mess with it a bit. We do alot of logo design for business cards and such. One of my coworkers is really great at this sort of this thing, so I'll see what we can come up with.