Thread: Dark City

1. Dark City

Yes, it's derivative, and yes, some of the acting's bad, and you could even call the plot a little silly........

......but damn, what a film. A serious trip from start to finish, and it had the best cinematic trailer I've seen in a while.

Very old-fashioned tone throughout the whole thing...I loved the idea of a huge city floating in space, the inhabitants unaware...when Murdoch broke through the city wall I about lost my cookies.

Comments?

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

I thought this was really good movie, I think its problem was it was just too ahead of its time. Its one of those movies that'll start getting a lot of respect in about 4 or 5 years.

3. Yes, I loved it, when I seen it in the theater. Very stylish, dark, gothic, I thought the storyline was very unique, and acting wasnt that bad. Very cool used of sets and fx, and Stangers were creepy looking.

The final revelation was very cool as well, as was the duel of the minds

I need to get it on dvd one of these days.

Too bad Proyas didnt direct anything since then He is very talented visual director. The Crow is one of my favorite films ever, and both that and Dark City have awesome style and desings.

4. I saw it in the theatre as well, and I thought it was amazing.

I really need to get the DVD.

5. First DVD I ever bought
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

6. oh man, i loved this movie. shrooms anyone?
    -----------------------
    http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/dhalsim-yyy.gif
    -----------------------

7. I hear you Bio, it was my favorite movie for a long time after my first viewing. I remember when I went to see the Matrix I couldn't stop thinking about Dark City the whole way through.

D

8. Good to see you D - You know, I had the exact same impression during The Matrix.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

Deus13 Guest
    I wish I had seen the movie in the theaters, but oh well. I still think it rules.

10. I loved it all the way up until the stupid, crap ass ending.

City of Lost Children is much, much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.