Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A really great (Madcatz) third party perripheral for the GBA: no more crammped hands

1. A really great (Madcatz) third party perripheral for the GBA: no more crammped hands

I just got this thingamabob for my GBA that basicly is a blob of plastic that snaps on and makes the whole thing just plain bigger. Oh, It's also a rechargable battery but I could care less about that part. The thing is, now my GBA is actually adult human sized! I can't say enough about how much better it feels. I can actually play games for more than 10 minutes now. Especially F-Zero. This is the perfect solution for me untill I actually get around to finishing that joystick . They're $8. If your hand cramps up like mine did (really painful) on a standard GBA, you should really get one. It's called the Madcatz battery grip or something like that.

2. I have a small Japanese-esque stature.

No need for one, I do appreciate the semi-review of the accessory.
    It's a mirror image!

3. I've had one of those for quite a while now, and it's soooooo nice. It gives my hands something to hold onto, and it helps my thumb to be in the right position to push the face buttons. Without the grip, too, the L and R buttons are really difficult and awkward to get my fingers on. But now, they feel just fine. Let it never be said that Mad Catz never made a quality accessory.

The only problem I've found with the grip is that it's a little loose when it's connected to the GBA, but I remedied this by folding up a couple of pieces of the grip's packaging's cardboard backing and stuck them into the gap on either side of the GBA, where the GBA curves on the back near the edges. But once I fixed that up, it's been great ever since.

4. I had one of these, but it kinda sucked. If I were to press a button hard, or squeze the GBA while playing, it would lose the connection to the battery pack & the fucking GBA would flash off & go back to the title screen! SOOOO Annoying. I returned that sucker fast.

JM

5. Hmmm... mine doesn't do that. Maybe you didn't have it snaped in there tight, or maybe quality controll was inconsistant over at MadCatz.

6. Mad Cats perifs suck my white ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. Yes, usually 3rd party perripherals are pretty bad, but this device is so simple they couldn't screw it up. No buttons or anything like that, just more plastic for you to hold on to. For me, it was a lifesaver. The GBA was becoming physically way to painful for me to play anymore, and that was quite a shame. This device fixed that problem perfectly, and all gameplay input surfaces remain original 1st party Nintendo buttons and Dpads, with the exception of my mutant 3rd face button.

8. Can you use this with the TV de Advance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. This thing?
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

10. Yup. That thing. You can get it at Funcoland for $8 instead of the $14 they're charging following that link. Sadly, it is not TV adapter compatable. I two GBA's. One for TV with the adapter and one for portable use with the grip and Afterburner.