Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy anime boxset sale

1. Best Buy anime boxset sale

Deets here. Standouts include the first Evangelion Platinum box (the one without extras) for $28.99 and the Robotech Protoculture Collection for $37.49. Naturally, they're already backordered. (The site does say they'll get more in and will take your order, or you could always try and find them in-store.)

Also, Walmart.com had the Princess Tutu box for $25, but in the ten minutes or so since I placed my order, it seems to have sold out. Wonder if I got the last one.

BB deal from BB's print ad, Walmart deal from animeondvd.com
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 31 Mar 2008 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. I grabbed Robotech from the store last night, just in case it did end up backordered.

3. Thanks for the heads up -- Eva would have been nice but I have a few volumes of the Platinum already. Probably gonna jump on that DBZ season 4 for 20 bucks though.

4. I bit on the DBZ Season 4 set. The Robotech set was really tempting but the only store around here that had it in stock is a decent drive away and I passed.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

I haven't gotten around to picking up DBZ season 2 or 3 yet, but dammit I can't resist getting 4 for $20, assuming my local store has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. Snagged the last DBZ and Eva set at my BB. Bonus was finding a bunch of Mushi-shi volumes for 10 bucks each too. All in all 77 dollars spent. Now I just have to find an anime club or whatever to donate my Eva singles to justify my purchase.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    Mushi-shi volumes
    4,5,6 ?

i need those on the cheap

badass series btw

8. My Robotech box shipped today, so I'd say it's probably not a waste of time ordering it even now. Also, Walmart canned my order for Princess Tutu, but Amazon actually has it cheaper, thanks to their free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Several of the local stores were sent extra copies of the sets today. Worth looking for again if you still want something.

I jumped on the P.Tutu Amazon deal. I'll take that over Walmart's offer any day.

I got the Robotech set on Sunday Hopefully they'll still have the Evangelion one if I go back.

Is that set worth watching, for someone who generally dislikes anime tropes, but loves big robots and good animation?
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...