Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firewall and Anti-virus Recommendations

Firewall and Anti-virus Recommendations

I've been using CA's Internet Security Suite for a couple of years, since it was free with RoadRunner, but its firewall is really starting to piss me off. Does anyone have any recommendations for good firewall and anti-virus software? I can't wait to uninstall CA's shit.

2. NOD32 is pretty much the best Anti-Virus software out there. Background updates 3x a day, literally no resources used to constantly have it on, and nothing will get past it.

3. I enjoyed Kerio Personal Firewall, the Demo version works pretty much for everything you need at least for my needs.

4. AVG anti-virus Zone Alarm firewall.

5. I'm gonna throw up a second for AVG, I used to really be all about Kaspersky, but the last few versions took a bit of a dip in quality IMHO.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Are you guys using the free versions or the retail ones?

7. NOD32 doesn't have a free version I don't think, but a year of coverage is about 25-30 dollars if you get an OEM from Newegg.

8. I use avg as well because it's free, but I am not really sure how it compares to other products.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Are you guys using the free versions or the retail ones?
    I'm using the free version of AVG. I used to use the pro version of Kaspersky.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Besides NOD (which hates PeerGuardian), does anyone use ANY pay virus or firewall software?