Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: New Laptop: Mac VS PC

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So, running a game through XP/Vista on a Macbook with:

Intel Core2Duo @ 2.4Ghz and 800FSB
    2Gb DDR2 PC5300
    8600GT 256
    200GB SATA HDD 5400RPMs

Would somehow perform better than a Toshiba laptop running a game in Vista with:

Intel Core2Duo @ 2.4Ghz and 800FSB
    3Gb DDR2 PC5300
    SLI Dual 8600GT 256s
    320GB SATA HDD 7200RPMs

Really?

I had no idea that the same processor, more memory, dual video cards and a faster hard drive would perform worse if Apple didn't put the machine together and charge you an additional $1,200. Come on Kano, you're better than that.
    You didn't understand what he was saying at all.

A woman will fuck a man with a Wii or a MacBook or if he's named Tommy Tallarico before they'll fuck someone with a Toshiba laptop or PS3.

One game comes out for the PC every year. Gaming laptops are fucking stupid, and once again, price/performance ratio doesn't mean shit anymore. Then again, I don't work for a retail store wage, so maybe this actually does matter to you.

Tommy Tallarico
    Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; 05 Apr 2008 at 01:53 AM.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    A woman will fuck a man with a Wii or a MacBook or if he's named Tommy Tallarico before they'll fuck someone with a Toshiba laptop or PS3.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    One game comes out for the PC every year.
    I agree.

Gaming laptops are fucking stupid
    I agree.

Tommy Tallarico
    I agree.

The problem is, he didn't ask about any of that shit, he wanted to know what his $1,500 budget could get him and if he wants to play games a PC will give him a lot more for his money. I mean shit, the Mac book pro specs I used for my comparison are out of the $2,700 dollar model, which means he would have to spend $1,200 over his budget to get less performance out of a Mac when he runs Windows than he would actually spending his budget on a PC based laptop.

And don't even tell me Price/Performance isn't an issue. You're way to smart to say something so obviously stupid.

Then again, I don't work for a retail store wage, so maybe this actually does matter to you.
    Suck an ass, I probably make more than you do.
    Last edited by Opaque; 05 Apr 2008 at 01:58 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The problem is, he didn't ask about any of that shit, he wanted to know what his $1,500 budget could get him and if he wants to play games a PC will give him a lot more for his money.
    Did you read about what games he plays?

Quote Originally Posted by OMGrich View Post
    I should clarify, by games I mostly mean the indie games. Stuff like Fez, Tower of Goo (or whatever that game was called), Audiosurf - this all really interests me.
    Dude's already using an iBook, and Apple machines can dual-boot Windows now, so he'll be fine with a Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    And don't even tell me Price/Performance isn't an issue. You're way to smart to say something so obviously stupid.
    Like I said, maybe it matters for kids working retail. In the real world, Wiis are $50 machines selling for $250 and they're demolishing the super fucking powerful $279 Xbox, and Apple's getting 30% growth a quarter by selling $500 laptops for twice as much. Style wins over performance with electronics now for people that can afford it.

Tommy Tallarico
    Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; 05 Apr 2008 at 02:05 AM.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    Did you read about what games he plays?
    I did.

My statement is still true, even if it's not a little out of context.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I did.

My statement is still true, even if it's not a little out of context.
    While your statement is true, he wasn't just asking to be able to run the best games for $1500. He likes his previous experience with Apple, is used to it, I'm assuming already has the programs he needs for a Mac, and the games he would like to run don't need all that much power (and if they only require windows, that is possible on a mac).

6. Again, my statement is true, but now out of context.

We all know he should just get a Mac.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    Like I said, maybe it matters for kids working retail. In the real world, Wiis are $50 machines selling for $250 and they're demolishing the super fucking powerful $279 Xbox, and Apple's getting 30% growth a quarter by selling $500 laptops for twice as much. Style wins over performance with electronics now for people that can afford it.
    Believe me, I can afford it. My computer is better than yours and costs three times as much; but this is a stupid dick waving contest. Cut this shit out.

That still doesn't mean I'd want to pay $1,500 for a $500 laptop when I could spend that same $1,500 for a $1,400 laptop.
    Last edited by Opaque; 05 Apr 2008 at 02:17 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Believe me, I can afford it. My computer is better than yours and costs three times as much; but this is a stupid dick waving contest. Cut this shit out.
    You're not waving a convincing dick when you tell me you paid $5,100 for a computer.

Tommy Tallarico

Come on, you know he got a 5% employee discount on that $5100 machine.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    You're not waving a convincing dick when you tell me you paid $5,100 for a computer.
    I didn't.

You would have if you built my same machine.