Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

1. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen View Post
    I liked Dawn of Sorrow, I thought PoR could have been a lot better, but I do agree with Yoshi in that the franchise needs to step back up and have a proper console release that isn't complete shit.
    I really don't think they made the console versions complete shit on purpose.

2. No, but you don't think they've put the focus of development on handhelds? The last two console games were horrid, and meanwhile during that entire time they put out handheld entries into the series which, by all accounts, were successes. Aria of Sorrow and Lament of Innocence, both released in '99, only one of which was any good. The same thing happened with Curse of Darkness and Dawn of Sorrow in '05. It's clear that they're splitting resources and talent and treat console releases as an afterthought, when what I'm proposing (and I think Yoshi is to) is that they should take a step back from handhelds for at least one cycle to produce a quality console entry.
    Last edited by g0zen; 06 Apr 2008 at 05:55 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen View Post
    No, but you don't think they've but the focus of development on handhelds?
    Absolutely not. They put a lot more time and resources into the console games.

They wanted to make them good. They tried to make them good. They just didn't have a solid concept for how to modernize the gameplay. And until they do, they shouldn't try again.

4. I think i just realized a little bit why i hate videogames anymore. Quit the Castlevania shit, at least Megaman tried to do something different before he ran everything he did different into the ground. (except MMLegends)
    Donk

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    They just didn't have a solid concept for how to modernize the gameplay. And until they do, they shouldn't try again.
    All the more reason to shift focus entirely toward making a good console game.

6. Maybe you take a page out of The Behemoth's book and make a digitally distributed game in the old style of Castlevania rather than make it a low-grade DMC game (and DMC isn't even that great).

7. Devils..

Never...

Cry...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Even the wii would be a step in the right direction...on second thought.
    iirc there was an interview at 1up saying Iga wanted to make a Wii Vania.

9. I'd rather have more DS vanias.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Was this ever debunked?

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...do+castlevania

There was a option on the title for Wii connectivity. *-neo
    Last edited by Low; 06 Apr 2008 at 09:05 PM.