Thread: FireFox 3 Beta 5

1. FireFox 3 Beta 5

So I upgraded just now and I like it a lot. You guys should try it too.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

2. Any big differences?

3. It seems significantly faster, I like the new location bar, and the new page info feature is really nice. I didn't try any of the other FireFox 3 betas though, I just upgraded from FireFox 2.

4. Yeah I did it too. It is way faster. And the interface is not as noticeable, but it is slick.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. it comes installed in the newest ubuntu linux, it's nice there (since it uses native widgets like buttons and combo boxes and such now) but probably not worth upgrading over ff2 yet

plus it breaks extensions like a motherfucker, and I just can't go through my day without firebug and greasemonkey anymore

6. Won't even open for me.

7. The redesign of the mac version just feels weird after using the regular version for so long.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I can't stand not having thumbnails of google search results.

I'll wait for a final version that supports Extensions.

9. Nightly Tester Tools will update all your add-ons to FF3 if there's nothing to do except switch a string to say "this works with FF3." Almost all extensions work this way.

Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    plus it breaks extensions like a motherfucker, and I just can't go through my day without firebug and greasemonkey anymore
    http://www.getfirebug.com has the latest beta that works with FF3.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico