Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: India Produces More Freak Babies

1. India Produces More Freak Babies

First up, the baby with two faces:

The parents of a baby girl born with two faces say that they have no plans to seek treatment or surgery for their daughter.

The girl, who has yet to be named, was born in a north Indian village and is being worshipped as the reincarnation of the Hindu god, Lord Ganesha.

Watch: A baby girl born with two faces in India is being worshipped as a reincarnation of a goddess

"The doctor said everything is normal when she was born. So where's the need to get medical help?" said the child's father, Vinod Kumar, 24.

"She's fed through one mouth and sucks her thumb with the other. We use whichever mouth is free to feed her," Mr Kumar said, adding she is eating and breathing normally.

The three-week-old baby from Saini village in Uttar Pradesh state, 30 miles north-east of the capital New Delhi, is being hailed as a "miracle" child.

Hundreds of locals are flocking to seek her "blessing" and, in keeping with Indian tradition, showering her parents with money.

"At first I was a little afraid," said Mr Kumar of his first child. "But then I accepted whatever God gives."

To the largely illiterate villagers from the agricultural community the little girl is a reincarnation of Lord Ganesh, the half person and half elephant, and one of the most worshipped deities in the Hindu pantheon.

He is a highly benevolent god revered as the remover of obstacles and creating new beginnings.

"It's a gift from God. Some people say she is like a goddess," schoolmaster Harsharan Singh gushed.

Little, however, is known of the baby's physical condition as her parents are not permitting doctors to examine her.

"They are not aware enough that they should come in for treatment," Dr M Ashmosd, who delivered the baby at the local government hospital, said.

"I have told them that we are ready to do the CT scan on her for free. But they have ignored me."

Another local doctor, Bridal Nagar, said she was not an "abnormal baby" but just one with two faces living a normal life, but who might face problems later on.

"And if she dies it's as God wishes," he added.

Last year surgeons successfully separated a two-year-old girl from a conjoined headless twin and reconstructed her body in a gruelling operation lasting nearly 27 hours in Bangalore, southern India.

Born with four arms and four legs but a single head, Lakshmi Tatma was named after the four-armed Hindu goddess of wealth and is growing up normally.
    And, the world's smallest person:

At just 1ft 11 in tall, she is dwarfed by her neighbour's baby, but Jyoti Amge is 15 years old.

The teenager, who is the world's smallest girl according to the Indian Book of Records, has a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia. Now fully grown, she weighs just 11 lb.

Jyoti Amge with a neighbour's 13-month old baby and with her school friends

Far from being unhappy about her tiny size, Jyoti says that she enjoys the celebrity status her height has brought her.

"I am proud of being small. I love the attention I get," she told the Sunday Mirror.

"I'm just the same as other people. I eat like you, dream like you. I don't feel any different."

Jyoti attends her local high school, in Nagpur, India, where she studies alongside classmates of her own age, though she sits at a specially made miniature desk.

Her mother, Ranjana, 45, explained that her daughter's condition was not apparent until some time after her birth.

"When Joyti was born she seemed quite normal. We came to know about her disorder when she was five," she said. "Jyoti is small, yet cute, and we love her very much."

Like any other teenager, she loves listening to pop music and watching DVDs and even hopes to become a Bollywood actress.

She has recently recorded an album with her favourite Indian pop star, Mika Singh.
    All I can think about with these two children are the following two movies: The Thing, and Freaks respectively.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wmiracle114c.jpg 
Views:	30648 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	33843   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ntiny106.jpg 
Views:	32399 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	33844  

2. The baby with 2 faces makes me sad. I saw her in the paper yesterday. And the fact that people are starting to worship her makes it so that she'll never be able to have any kind of cosmetic surgery, and will have less than normal life, to say the least.

3. I'm trying to decide if having people worship me is worth having two faces. I'm leaning towards no.

4. I love how they think doubleface is a reincarnation of a God. I heard this story yesterday and wondered what she would look like, so thanks for the pics.
    And holy shit at the tiny teen. She could probobly fit in that backpack.

5. is that a belly button between the faces?

6. I absolutely thought the same thing.

7. How does this stuff happen?

8. Its gotta be the water.

It's really sad actually. And like Anne Bonny said she will never have a normal life with people standing around and worshiping her.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I absolutely thought the same thing.
    <3

don't they also have like the largest population in the world? there's bound to be gene fuckups when a kid is born there every 2.5 seconds.

10. Maybe that's her trunk?