Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost in The Shell

1. I'm pretty skeptical, but if done right this could really be good.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula, Castlevania SotN

My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    Lots and lots and lots of CG.

And wtf does "It's a genre that has arrived" mean?

I'm interested to see how this deviates from the original, which is likely my favorite animated film.
    seriously. The genre is almost 30 years old now

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    What the fuck does "epitomizes 3-D live action motion picture possibilities" mean?
    It's just hyperbole for Hollywood pushing 3D filmmaking (as in filming with a special multi-lens camera to create a 3D effect using glasses), that should end up in theaters next year. Although a movie like GitS would obviously have tons of digital effects, CG has nothing to do with the 3D technology they're talking about.
    Last edited by Taito; 16 Apr 2008 at 03:09 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    I'm thinking Speedracer. (which srsly looks like one of the worst major studio movies ever made)
    I'm thinking maybe more like Beowulf.

Either way...

5. I'll wait until I see a trailer. The Anime itself is awsome visualy, but the story...
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

6. Am I the only one who thought Ghost in the Shell sucked? Least the series they've been running on Cartoon Network.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. The Manga was good. The movie sucked and i didn't like what I've seen of the series much either.

8. The latest news ...

Quote Originally Posted by First Showing.net
    It was first announced almost two years ago that Steven Spielberg would be developing a new live-action adaptation of the beloved manga Ghost in the Shell. Since then we've heard bits and pieces regarding the project, but they still haven't really progressed past the development stage on it. We also learned last October that Shutter Island writer (and Avatar executive producer) Laeta Kalogridis would be writing the script for Spielberg. While out promoting the release of Shutter Island, both MoviesOnline and Screen Rant (via Anime News Network) caught up with Kalogridis and asked her about the latest on the adaptation.
    The first, and arguably the most important, question Kalogridis is asked is whether she's adapting from the 1989 manga written by Masamune Shirow or the 1995 anime directed by Mamoru Oshii. Here's her answer:
    "Ghost in the Shell was originally the manga. The anime came from the original graphic novel and then — and that anime, as you know, is a relatively famous, groundbreaking piece of material — also generated two seasons of an animated television show as well. And this is an adaptation of the original manga, the original comic book that sort of began everything."
    When Screen Rant caught up with Kalogridis, they tried to get "a few answers on some key points I know you Ghost in the Shell fans have been wondering about." That question was, essentially, the same as above, regarding whether they'd be adapting from the manga or anime - her answer was the same (the manga). But she also added that it has "a lot of action… lots of action." That's certainly expected, but always good to hear. She also said, "there's still going to be a lot of atmosphere – [the movie] is about vast possibilities – all of this technology, the internet – it's about the limitless possibilities of this technology." Sounds perfect.
    I'm sure our next update on Ghost in the Shell won't be for a while, as Kalogridis has to turn in her script, then Spielberg and DreamWorks will review it, and who knows when it'll ever see the light of day again. I'm excited to see this new live-action anime/manga craze kick off in Hollywood, but right now none of the projects have been given a greenlight. For now it seems like Ghost in the Shell is in the right hands - at least it sounds like Kalogridis is crafting a worthy adaptation of Masamune Shirow's manga.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Boo, Hiss.

GOD, WOULD THEY STOP RUINING EVER FUCKING THING I LIKE

FUCK!!!!!