Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost in The Shell

1. Ghost in The Shell

Live Action, Spielberg likes the story, 3-D ... trainwreck?

AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36400

Superherohype:

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!
    DreamWorks Pictures has acquired rights to the Japanese manga "Ghost in the Shell" with plans to adapt the futuristic police thriller as a 3-D live-action feature, reports Variety.

The story follows the exploits of a member of a covert ops unit of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission that specializes in fighting technology-related crime.

Created by Masamune Shirow, "Ghost in the Shell" was first published in 1989. It went on to generate two additional manga editions, three anime film adaptations, an anime TV
    series and three video games. The second anime film, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, was released in the U.S. by DreamWorks in 2004.

Avi Arad, Ari Arad and Steven Paul of Seaside Entertainment are attached to produce and brought the project to the studio. Jamie Moss has been hired to write the adaptation.

"'Ghost in the Shell' is one of my favorite stories," Spielberg said. "It's a genre that has arrived, and we enthusiastically welcome it to DreamWorks."

DreamWorks president of production Adam Goodman said "Ghost in the Shell" is a property "that epitomizes 3-D live-action motion picture possibilities."
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. What the fuck does "epitomizes 3-D live action motion picture possibilities" mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Lots and lots and lots of CG.

And wtf does "It's a genre that has arrived" mean?

I'm interested to see how this deviates from the original, which is likely my favorite animated film.
    Last edited by BioMechanic; 15 Apr 2008 at 12:59 PM.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

4. Aramaki better either be played by or dubbed over by his English VA.

5. Quote Originally Posted by yellerdog
    What the fuck does "epitomizes 3-D live action motion picture possibilities" mean?
    I'm thinking Speedracer. (which srsly looks like one of the worst major studio movies ever made)

Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    And wtf does "It's a genre that has arrived" mean?
    It's arrived 10 times already. In the first few movies, tv series, etc.

I'm with Advo. Trainwreck.

6. Near future cyberpunk has arrived? Fuck it arrived 20 years ago. Trainwreck, but will see it anyway. I love Shiro's stuff.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Aramaki better either be played by or dubbed over by his English VA.
    Second. A little makeup work (mostly to age him some) and William Knight would look alot like Aramaki.

8. Blarg. It's probably going to suck like Aeon Flux.

9. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl View Post
    Blarg. It's probably going to suck like Aeon Flux.

10. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl View Post
    Blarg. It's probably going to suck like Aeon Flux.
    Since Speilberg is producing, I think it'll suck about as much as Transformers, which was better than AF.