Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: Ghost in The Shell

1. People forget how great the GiTS Score was, they should have just reused that.

2. First five minutes

I have to go see this.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. I think I hate every decision they've made in this. Nice looking cityscape though.

Why are her lips moving when she talks to Batou?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Got a screening pass for this next Wed. I'm still not sure if this will be good but I'll check it out for free.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Looks promising. I hope it turns out well.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. One good thing that's already come of this is nice, hardcover, affordable reprints of the comic. I'm finally able to replace that old, oop ~1998 volume I loaned out, never got back, and have been pining for since.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16323...bEL&ref=plSrch

7. I think I will play my PS1 game instead.

That game was too sweet.

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    One good thing that's already come of this is nice, hardcover, affordable reprints of the comic. I'm finally able to replace that old, oop ~1998 volume I loaned out, never got back, and have been pining for since.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16323...bEL&ref=plSrch
    Nice. I had a copy in college that walked off, I may have to re-up.

Good summary of the 5 minute clip:
    "It's got it all: Sweeping shot of a set that's 99% greenscreen, characters spouting world-building exposition by talking about technology that isn't new to them, corny digital search scene, protagonist complaining that it'll take too long for backup to arrive so "I'm going in", and an action sequence that might have benefited from some kind of tense buildup if it wasn't in the first five minutes of the movie."
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. The geishas look great. They are actually doing a ton of practical effects and prop work on this film. I will see it for that stuff.

I don't think Scarlett is skinny or cool enough to play this role, but I struggle to care too deeply about it.