Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Best Computer Games, circa 1995

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I loved the floppy disc version of X-Wing on my parents' old 486 laptop, but again, I was really really young. Tie Fighter might be awesome.
    I LOVED X-Wing, but never played Tie Fighter. I agree that it must be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Scorched Earth

Awesome multiplay tank game.
    So true. Turn based multiplayer destruction with awesome and quirky weapons. This is an old fav of mine.

Speaking of old flight games, a couple for PC that I loved were the Comanche series heli-sims by NovaLogic, and the Aces Of the Pacific/Europe series by Dynamix.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    While I have no problem with other people bootlegging old stuff like this, I prefer to have the real thing, which puts some of this stuff out of my range. My days of paying $70 and up for old games are far behind me.
    So far I've bought Under A Killing Moon (~$30 complete shipped), and have bids on Tie Fighter, Full Throttle, X-Com, and The Dig.
    I was going to suggest checking out Half-Price Books, but you don't have one in your area. Maybe you can talk a friend into checking one out for you. They have many older games for pennies on the dollar.

http://www.halfpricebooks.com/find_a_store.html

3. This thread delivers by the truck load.

Just hearing the names of the games brings back memories.

A flightstick is a MUST for TIE Fighter (also X-Wing also (omg 1997) XvT (which still has an active community)). The XvT multiplayer kept my phone line in the dorms busy around the clock. I was damn good at that game.

I found replaying System Shock to be a chore thanks to the control system, but the game was awesome and only recently gave Fallout an honest try (how impatient I was in my youth) and fell in love. Blv.

4. Duke Nukem 3D?
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula, Castlevania SotN

My Blog

5. One dday Urkel was walking down the street. He went into the bakery that he worked at. As he was walking in, the bell on the dor rang and Urkel shouted "DID I DO THAT??" and everyone in the bakery laughed. One of the people in the bakery was Alf. Alf went upp to Urkle and said "hey Urkel your a funny guy" Urkel said "thanks" and then Alf said "hey I am going to be going back to my home planet now do you want to come with me??" and Urkel said ok.

Alf told Urkel why he was leaving."The family I lived with kicked me out because I tried to-" but he didn't finished his sentece. Urkel was confused and asked Alf what he did. Alf said "I tried to sacrifice their cat to the dark lord Cthulhu". Urkel said "oh".

they didnt say anthing for a while. then Urkel asked "why did you try to sacrifice their ca-" and then Alf shouted "KLKG'PUKL GNGLUULRUR LGOIRIG'KIIUI CLJUT'JJJ!!" and urkel got very scared and almost ran a way but he didnt. then they got to alfs spacechip.

"ok lets go to my home planet now Urkel!!" Alf said. Urkel said "No sweat, my pet!" and everyone laughed and so did Alf and then Urkel laughed too and everyone laughed including Alf and Urkel.

then they got in the spaceship.

alf said "okay my home planet of Alfralfia is at space vector z cordinate y4." Urkel said "okay" and everyone laughed. Alf entered the cordinates into his space computer but he accidentally put in space vector 42 instead of z so they went to planet Ork instead.

When they got off they were greeted by a robot Robin Williams and everyone laughed and everyone laughed at Urkel and Alf laughing and they laughed at each others laughter and everyone laughed at the laughing. and then when they stopped laughing Urkel said "DID I DO THAT??" and Alf said "MY NAME IS ALF" and Robin Williams said "I AM A MAN IN WOMEN'S CLOTHING" and they all laughed again.

after they were done laughing Alf and Urkel said "hey this is the planet Ork not Alfralfia" and Ork said "sorry Alfralfia was bulldozed five minutes before you got here to make way for the Ork galatic superhighway" "oh" said Alf.

Urkel said "Ork do you like poetry" and Robin Williams said "yes, here's one of my favorite poems
    HOWL HOWL GARGLE HOWL GARGLE HOWL HOWL HOWL GARGLE HOWL GARGLE HOWL HOWL GARGLE GARGLE HOWL GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE HOWL SLURRP UUUURGH oh wait wrong poem hold on"
    and Alf said "ok" and everyone laughed while Ork went through Robin Williams's briefcase to find the poem

"oh hear it is, said Ork. "this is about Ork, because I like on it" said Robin Williams. "Ahem:

Oh freddled gruntbuggly? ... thy micturations are to me- As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee. Groop I implore thee, and hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles/ or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurgecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Alf and Urkel said "Nnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyuuuuuuurrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!" and they both exploded and Ork said "Did I do that??" and everyone on Ork laughed shortly before it was destroyed by an overabundance of HHGttG references.

the end!!
    Last edited by cka; 16 Apr 2008 at 01:58 AM.

6. So goodbye spammer.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Would you kindly step in front of a bus, spammer?

8. the old original Worms games are pretty awesome, I pissed away many a night playing those on my old computer

Shit I first played worms in a sort of detention in middle school and pretty much started hanging out after school every day just so I could play it for a couple of hours.

That was so awesome, I had no idea that teacher was running a sort of after school club until the detention.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Scorched Earth

Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon Ra

Minesweeper