Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Computer Games, circa 1995

1. Stunts

2. these name only answers are great, but could I be selfish enough to ask for a little background as well?
    Also, it appears that I will never play The Neverhood.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    On a lark, a friend of mine is going to build me a "top of the line" Windows 95 computer. As stated many times before, I've never really been into computer games; but thought it might be fun to play some older stuff on the actual hardware of that time period. Yes, I'm aware of dosbox, but I really need another piece of outdated tech sitting in my house.
    I like RPG, Strategy, and Adventure games. FPS make me motion sick.
    So far I'm looking to get The Beast Within, Full Throttle, and The Dig.
    What else should I get?
    My dog ate my copy of The Dig, and Torin's Passage.

Fuck I was so angry at it. WHY THE FUCK WOULD IT EAT A CD.

4. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    edit: I still can't figure out how to get Under a Killing Moon to run on my current system. DOSBox can go die.
    DOSbox runs it awesome. If you need help setting it up I can maybe make you a config file or walk you through it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    these name only answers are great, but could I be selfish enough to ask for a little background as well?
    Under a Killing Moon: http://pc.ign.com/articles/851/851255p1.html One of the best adventure games out there, and the best looking game of 1994.

Relentless: Like Beyond Good and Evil with really bad voice acting and a 3/4 isometric view. Really great game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Stunts
    Will you please go download Trackmania Nations. It won't bite, I promise.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Will you please go download Trackmania Nations. It won't bite, I promise.
    Lol. The hillarious thing is that I actually did DL TMN when the TM thread got bumped earlier today.

But I haven't installed it yet. Starforce gives me the willies.

8. Once you update to the new Forever version of Trackmania (which launched today), Starforce is gone for good. The Steam version hasn't had Starforce for months, either.

edit: Misread your post. Just download Trackmania Nations Forever when its released in the next day or so. No Starforce, totally free.
    Last edited by epmode; 15 Apr 2008 at 03:00 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    these name only answers are great, but could I be selfish enough to ask for a little background as well?
    http://www.mobygames.com/search/quic...&p=2&search=Go

Powermonger is a pretty good game. It's made by Populous creator Bullfrog, so you'll notice some simularities between the 2 titles.http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/powermonger
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Apr 2008 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I loved Populous on Genesis, what did the sequel add to make it worth playing?
    About 25 new effects which increased the carnage, and about twice the worlds to play through.

The core gameplay concept didn't really change much at all but the new effects made it more engaging to play.