Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Superman

1. What makes Superman interesting to me is his humanity. He could probably pretty easily hand most of the DCU its ass and put the supreme power on Earth but thats not what hes about.

The reason superman is Superman is because of being raised as Clark Kent. It's that humanity that makes the character interesting and makes him do what he does. Its not because he has super powers so hey lets have a never ending battle against evil. It's because of his upbringing, and the morals and ideals that were taught to him, long before he had those powers. Clark Kent with out powers would still be trying to do good and help as many people as he could. I think that's the main difference between him and most other super heroes most of them were regular people before their powers, they get them and then are suddenly like hey I should do some good with these. With or with out his powers Clark would still be trying to do good and having powers just means he can do more good.

Like it was said already each death he doesn't prevent weighs on him. There was an issue once where he was getting harassed by some one over the fact that he came back from the dead and all the others killed by doomsday didn't. The writer really showed how much that bothered, and how he felt he should have been able to stop each one of those deaths, blaming himself for each and everyone of them.

That all said, I do think they're letting him get too powerful again. Personally I like the power levels he had during the Byrne or Jurgans days. IMHO those are the two best writers ever to touch the Superman comics. Both of them I thought got the character better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Outside of Doomsday, superman really has had some lame ass enemies.
    Most of his big ones do suck. Though Lex is good for him, because he can't do anything about Lex with his powers. He has to try and beat Lex mentally, and make Lex slip up some how.

There was a villain like ten years back that, I THINK was some one that grew up with Clark, and figured out Clark and Superman were the same. He basically almost killed Lois and his parents, and I think for a time Clark thought his parents were dead, and it pushed him to a mental breaking point almost. That to me is quite a bit more interesting than Metallo just busting up Metropolis again.

For instance, for all the trouble LL has caused, I would just punch right through his forehead and get it over with.
    See that's why you're not Superman.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Outside of Doomsday, superman really has had some lame ass enemies.
    lol irony

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Ooooooooh my. [/sulu]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pink5lr.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	41516  

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Is that OK if you just take the idea?
    Love me love my dog.Please give me your hand and I will give you the whole world.
    ~^ nintendo 3ds ^~

Kill yourself.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    It's a quote from someone. Kevin Smith?
    I didn't get that from anyone. That's my own personal assessment of Superman.

All-Star Superman is among the best comics of all time.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

8. Thanks for letting me read this great post, keep it up.