Thread: USB microphones

1. USB microphones

Hey. I was looking for a decent-to-good USB mic for my PC for recording voice and maybe some home-made sound effects for little films I'm editing.

Previously, I was using some cheap shitty $10 headset mic that picked up all sorts of noise and the resulting voice recording was only usable after running it through various noise reduction programs (although the result was sometimes too much on the tinny-sounding side afterwards).

Anyway, I'm looking at the Samson Audio Q1U. It looks good and most of the reviews I read are positive, but you never know.

I know we have a few guys in the recording field here. Do you guys have any opinion on Samson, and this mic in peticular? Any opinions or suggestions would be welcomed. I'd like to stay in the $60 price range. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Apr 2008 at 07:09 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Samson makes some good stuff. They don't really target the studio recording market so much, but they make decent wireless mics, lavalier mics, etc. Go for it, I'm sure it will be exponentially better than the headset you were using before.

3. Yeah, I was banking on you being the guy to reply to my post. Thanks, Mykozo. I know you know your shit so I'll give that mic a whirl.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww