Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Direct TV

1. My parents have Comcast digi cable. I had Direct TV for 4 years. Now I have Fios.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the picture quality goes Fios > Direct TV > digi cable

Compression artifacts are a bitch on cable. HD looks near HDDVD quality on Fios (depending on the production of the show, of course). Direct TV is good stuff for sure if Fios hasn't reached you yet, but the lack of On-Demand is a tough one. For that matter, Comcast's on-demand selection destroys Fios. So there you go.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I've never noticed that. Are you sure?

I do know that I can record an HD broadcast and watch HD programming as well, so I'm pretty sure someone told you wrong.
    Not every system, In know for a fact the SBC one is like this, but I believe Verizon's isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Direct TV is good stuff for sure if Fios hasn't reached you yet, but the lack of On-Demand is a tough one. For that matter, Comcast's on-demand selection destroys Fios. So there you go.
    They do have a sort of on-demand system now, its in "beta", but if you plug the HR20 or HR21 into a broadband connection, you can get all sorts of stuff. Its not always watchable right away, but it streams enough to start watching in a couple of minutes.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/08/27...ctv-on-demand/

3. So, I'm thinking the best option is:

Optimum Cable + Optimum Phone + Basic Cable + Direct TV.

I'm just wondering what the MSGHD/MSG+HD/YESHD/SNY HD implications are.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I forgot to mention, there is NO TRUE HD on Cable. I think... shidoshi(?) mentioned that here sometime in the past. I'm not sure how I even remember that. Cripes. But, yeah. DirectTV gives you far better picture quality.
    Do you actually type with your ass, or do you just listen to what comes out and write a transcript?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico