Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Having Trouble with AVG Free?

1. Anyone Having Trouble with AVG Free?

I have 7.5, and I keep getting the"encountered a problem and must shut down" message every time I try to update. The control center tells me that the anti-virus and resident shield are "in error." I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program 3 times already, and it's always the same thing.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. What OS?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. XP.

4. No problems here at all. I'm on XP also and mine updated this morning no problem.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. The update downloader just doesn't work for me. I'm getting pissed here. Could it be a firewall setting or something?

6. Could be. What have you changed on your system in the say day or two before this started? Have you changed any firewall settings, have you turned on windows firewall, have you installed any new programs?
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I've installed several new programs since I got this PC, so that have something to do with it. I was just thinking that maybe it was a hiccup in the update service or something.

Regardless, I uninstalled it and put in Avira Free, which detected some stuff that AVG seems to have missed. I've never used this one before though. How does it compare to AVG?

8. That I don't know never used Avira free myself either. My guess is going to be that one of the programs you installed is blocking AVG from seeing the net. Did you install anything like ZoneAlarm, or any software firewalls?
    Where I play

9. Nope, none of that. Weird.