Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free Comic Book Day 2008

1. It might still be possible to pick it up tomorrow. Stores typically don't light the remainder freebie books on fire out back after closing.

Our store had people dressed up as comic characters and some sort of free "organic" soda promotion going on. There was a plate of "dipping" foods, but I wasn't going near that. Eck.

The guy playing Thor was very enthusiastic, despite the rain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. ...which store was this?

3. New England Comics!

4. They had Harley Quinn, Joker (nothing compared to Josh, mind you) and Spiderman at the LCS I went to.

5. Picked up a teeny little Iron Man movie Hero Clix figure, left over from FCBD apparently. It's neat, though I have no idea what it's supposed to do!

6. I was walking by Forbidden Planet on Saturday not even remembering that it was Free Comic Day and a girl said "Want free comic books?" "... Yes I do." and she handed me a bag and I walked away in a great mood.

Too bad I got the Broken Trinity Preview, The Stranded/Dan Dare flip, and The Moth Greatest Hits.

Lose.

7. I took the childrens. We arrived later in the day, so most of the "good" stuff was gone. I did get the EC comic, that was all I really wanted. My daughter grabbed some sonic/simpsons stuff, and my son who wanted nothing of the freebies grabbed some Peter David Hulk issues out of a long box that the store was also giving away. Made me proud to see him pick some quality stuff. I then picked up my three months of pulls. Free comic book day cost me $200.

8. The Sonic one was the one I actually wanted. It's a reprint of the first issue with a redrawn, Pat Spaziane cover...

9. lol I think I still have the original first issue kicking around somewhere. Soooo terrible.

10. Oh, yeah. Hell, it still is. From what I understand, they hired fan artists to do the book now.

Spaz' art is still awesome, though.