Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rightstuf Deals

1. Geneon singles are 5/10/15 each. I bought Akira DTS and SoulTaker 1-3 for $5 each and that lovely Cowboy Bebop Remix box. I think all of Lain is $20...

2. Alright, being that now is the last chance, I'm finishing Requiem From the Darkness.

I've had the first volumes of GunGrave and GadGuard for a while now.
    IMPRESSIONS PLEASE.

Also, is anyone big enough into giant robots to give me an impression of how New Getter Robo is? You're talking to a man who owns Machine Robo here, to put it into perspective.
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 06 Jun 2008 at 04:21 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Also, is anyone big enough into giant robots to give me an impression of how New Getter Robo is? You're talking to a man who owns Machine Robo here, to put it into perspective.
    New Getter Robo was okay... I never saw the original show so perhaps it didn't carry the same weight with me (not that you need to see it to understand the plot.) The animation was very strange in that it was widescreen and digital, but the quality was very bad. Sometimes it looked like they were doing it on purpose to emulate the old show and sometimes it just looked lazy. I really liked the over the top violence and the JAM Project music. It's just I saw Mazinkaiser before this and loved it infinately more.

Seeing all these out of print Geneon dvds go away is freaking me out. I still need Trigun and Paranoia Agent, but MGS PS3 comes out next week
    Last edited by perkyskirt; 06 Jun 2008 at 05:22 AM.

4. Alright, I caved. Paranoia Agent DVD 2 suddenly reappeared.

So, I got Armitage III and Green Legend Ran to replace my VHS tapes, Requiem from the Darkness 3 & 4 (which I recommend to anybody that likes creepy ghost stories and unique visual styles), and Paranoia Agent 1-3.

Now, to find PA v. 4.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I've had the first volumes of GunGrave and GadGuard for a while now.
    IMPRESSIONS PLEASE.
    Fucking awesome, both of them.

I grabbed some $5 DVDs for review and the last Lupin 3rd I needed, but the rest I either had or is still overpriced. I don't care if they are OOP, I'm not paying $15 each for SR Gunlock, Disgaea, etc.

6. In a perfect world, I'd have finished GunGrave, GadGuard, and bought all of Trigun. Probably Rumiko Takahashi's Anthology, too.

In the real world, money's tight and things are just things.

Also, GunGrave bored me due to lack of Rocketbilly Redcadillac.

I doubt anyone'll buy GadGuard honestly. It'll be around for me to procure in the future.

7. I understand money being tight very well. Still, keep track of what you want/need that is now OOP. The scalper prices have become really insane over the past year or two regarding anime titles that are not available in shops/rightstuf.com any more.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    No I haven't seen the show. I'll grab it.
    Have you gotten it yet?

I'm going to upload the first soundtrack for you, which you better like because it took me forever to fix the moonspeak tags so I could zip it.