Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Youth Coalition trying to ban DDR from arcades

1. Originally posted by andyrose
    I like watching fat people play DDR at arcades.
    I like watching skinny kids who think they can do it if I can.

Funny funny shit, I love watching someone fail on a 1 footer after saying how easy it looks.

proud fat DDRer,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. this actually happened, no lies

the last time i saw an 'obese' couple playing ddr, they completely shut the machine off.

and that my friends, is a total set up for many a joke.

You know what's even sadder than this? That we, as a gaming community, take this shit.

4. Yea I definitely agree that banning DDR is crazy. It's a harmless game and the last game I would expect one of these radical right groups to pick on but I shouldn't put anything by these people who have nothing better to do. And I must admit, watching obese people play DDR, no matter how skilled one may be, is probably pretty damn entertaining, but then again I've watched a chick get duped in the poop shooter by a horse.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

5. Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but this wasn't done by a Christian group. Nope.

http://www.nyacyouth.org/

The National Youth Advocacy Coalition - improving the lives of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Questioning Youth.

Some pals of mine had a big debate over this whole DDR thing, and one of them did some research and found the site, which put an end to all the Religious Right Hatorade. (It's entirely possible that there's another, smaller Youth Advocacy Coalition out there, but who cares. If they want credit they shoulda picked a different name. And made themselves easier to find when running a Google search.)

These seem like awfully fun people. Visit their page. Reload it until you get the really surly looking black chick - you see her and you KNOW these youngsters mean business. Cower in fear of their logo - A GIANT PURPLE FIST. Participate in their surveys. LET THEM KNOW! how their logo makes you feel. I know I did. (If you're under 18 please consult your parents before filling out the portion of the survey asking if you are gay, lesbian, straight, twin spirit, pansexual, or same gender loving. Or don't - I know I never bothered getting nobody's permission before calling 1-900-SANTA-FUN every day when I was a kid.) If they really are the folks who are trying to put an end to DDR fun, watch out. THERE IS NO HOPE.

6. Originally posted by rummy
    Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but this wasn't done by a Christian group. Nope.

http://www.nyacyouth.org/

The National Youth Advocacy Coalition - improving the lives of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Questioning Youth.
    Well now it makes sense, they were offended by something being so flamingly heterosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Don't worry us gamers will get our revenge...
    I already found Jennifer Stoefen and banged her in the ass, then I made her bake me a pie.

8. ddr being banned? sheesh, they can ban anything nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

9. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    God forbid someone do something that offends you!

It's politically incorrect to call someone who is fat "fat." people seek to drive "offensive" matterials out of the sight of the public, thusly making choices for the masses based on their limited and incoherent understanding.

This is freaking rediculous!

And these words come from an honest-to-goodness, real life, Bible thumping Christian.

People who do this aren't following Christ, they're following dogma and an institution's interpretations! Maybe if they actually read the Bible instead of taking some preacher's word for it they'd act a bit more...normal.
    I think these are some great things to hear from someone. I'm glad that a "honest-to-goodness, real life, Bible thumping Christian" knows what his religion is about, and can be "normal" as you put it. Dogma was a great movie, btw, but I don't think they're following it Seriously though, on topic, I feel these people need to find better ways to spend their time. I don't think DDR is gonna turn me into a bad person, so who are they to tell me it will?
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

10. Originally posted by Master
    OK, here is the plan:

Everybody call this girl AT LEAST 3 TIMES and report seeing offensive machines, or the Solo DDR machine in places where it ISN'T. That way, she and her little organization will be so busy looking for machines that don't exist, they won't have time to kill everybody's fun.

WHat do you guys think?
    Very good idea!

btw, I thought this was the first time in a while where I flipped out, but meh =p
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.