Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark City: Director's Cut

1. Dark City: Director's Cut

From here.

The cult-classic Dark City is getting a new directors cut, much to the joy of the fans who have been clamoring for one for quite sometime. The new cut which director Alex Proyas has quietly been putting the finishing touches on for the past little while will be roughly 15 minutes longer than the theatrical cut and have improved special effects, as well as brand new special features.

It will be released on July 29, 2008 on standard DVD and Blu-Ray. No word yet on what those new extras will be, but you can check out the cover art below.

Nice. Can't wait for this.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Excellent. As much as I don't like directors fiddling with their movies after release, this is one case where the studio probably kept a very tight leash on the production. I'd love to hear what the differences are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I haven't seen this movie since it came out in the theater.

4. All I can find on it is pretty much this:
    beefed up special effects and a new and improved sound mix.
    And that they re-recorded the score.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. I love this movie. When I saw The Illusionist, I was perturbed because I knew I recognized the prince guy, but couldn't place his name. When the credits rolled, I was like, "oh yeah!".

6. The new box art blows.

7. Dark City was one of my favorite movies when it was released and I haven't revisited it in years so I am pretty excited about this version. Also Keifer Sutherland is awesome in this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    The new box art blows.
    It's pretty bad, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Oh yea the new box art is definitely crap.

10. The box art should display its title, for authenticity: "Ten Minutes + Gradient Masks = Lunch Time"