Thread: Help: I installed a video card and now I have no sound.

Help: I installed a video card and now I have no sound.

As the title states, I installed a video card, and now there is no sound, neither from my front headphone output nor the rear speaker output. I just want to play Oblivion

Edit: And I should be a little more specific.

-There is no indication that the speakers are receiving power (the power light doesn't come on, basically).
    -Nothing is muted.
    -There are two audio controllers that I can choose in volume/sound control. Neither of them fix the issue.

By installing the video card, is it possible that the audio controller was somehow turned off? Yes, I tried restarting my computer, too.
    Last edited by Tones; 29 Apr 2008 at 11:02 PM.

2. It's possible you yanked a cable when you were installing the card. If not, go into your BIOS and make sure that your sound controller is enabled (if it's integrated sound) since changed hardware could have reset your BIOS settings. If you have a seperate sound card, check in the device manager that it's working properly. You could also have unseated it when installing you GPU also.

3. If the power lights not coming on on your speakers then they're no getting power. Find out why.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Well, after restarting a few times, my headphones suddenly work, but speakers don't. Fuck it, I'm done dealing with this for now. Headphones it is. The speakers suck anyway.