Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades Every Comic Book store should have?

1. Trades Every Comic Book store should have?

Ok, so I've been working at a comic book store for the last 3 years. I love it, I don't do a lot of work, and the work I do, I invent for myself most of the time. Currently I'm working on making up a check list of TBPs, Graphic Novels, Hard Covers and Manga we should always have in stock. Currently I and the other guy just look and take a guess at ordering.

I've made a pretty long list, so far. But with the Batman, Superman, Spider-man, and X-men trades I'm sure I'm missing some good books we should have. Can you name few we should be keeping in stock? Also mention anything else you think and store should absolutely have.

I can't say I'll take every suggestion as there are somethings I don't think we could move in our store. Most of our customers are older guys 20s-40s, not to many kids, and not to many people we out of the ordinary taste.

2. Off the top of my head, sorry if these are dupes from what you've got on your list:

Bone: One Volume Edition - One of the best series ever, IMO
    Transmetropolitan - So good.
    Fables/Jack of Fables - Really good series, a favorite.
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1, 2, and Black Dossier - great series, ignore the terrible movie
    Spider-Man: Reign - A really good "endgame" story
    Death of Superman - Everybody should read it at some point, even if it doesn't matter anymore
    DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore - Some of THE BEST DC stuff ever
    The Dark Knight Strikes Again - controversial but neat
    Strangers in Paradise - Because guys will secretly read if if their girlfriends have it
    Peresepolis/Embroideries- Great books, should be easy sells since the movie
    Wanted - Good comic, terrible upcoming movie
    Age of Reptiles - Really good dinosaur comic, no sfx/word balloons, just art
    Scott Pilgrim - One of my favorites, popular too
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. There is a distinct lack of Kirkman in those lists. Put all the Walking Dead and Invincible TPBs (or hey, the HCs are cool too) and we'll call it even.

4. I saw a few missing.

DC:

• Identity Crisis
    • Batman: Hush

Marvel:

• X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song
    • X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda
    • Captain America: No More

Image:

• The Authority
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. I like Hawksmoor.

6. Ok, seriously, why is Watchmen not on any of these lists yet?

Edit: nevermind, I see it foolishly listed under Alan Moore: Watchmen.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen View Post
    There is a distinct lack of Kirkman in those lists. Put all the Walking Dead and Invincible TPBs (or hey, the HCs are cool too) and we'll call it even.
    I'm so pissed with The Walking Dead atm. I might drop the whole damn thing. Fuck.

Invincible IS rad, though.

8. I'm curious to see what he's going to do with Walking Dead now. It was a pretty bold choice for him to do what he did.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The Dark Knight Strikes Again - controversial but neat
    You know, I can remember being irritated after each of the three issues came out, but I recently read it again and I sort of like it now.

10. I think that's how All-Star Batman is going to go, ultimately. Everybody's pissed with the monthly, but stores won't be able to keep the trade in stock.