Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old church friend of mine got drafted into the NFL

1. Old church friend of mine got drafted into the NFL

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/...07/harper.html

I used to play basketball with this guy when we were younger. I haven't talked to him in years though, and I dont wanna rush and talk to him like everyone else, and pull a " Remember me man". Last time I talked to him he called me when I moved down to Texas.

Anyway, anyone else have anything like this happen to them.
    Last edited by Zerohero; 02 May 2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: title change
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. Looks like someone just hit him in the head with a bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Looks like someone just hit him in the head with a bottle.
    Or maybe a load of cash.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

4. Or a load of sperm

5. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
    http://www.hokiesports.com/football/...07/harper.html

I used to play basketball with this guy when we were younger. I haven't talked to him in years though, and I dont wanna rush and talk to him like everyone else, and pull a " Remember me man". Last time I talked to him he called me when I moved down to Texas.

Anyway, anyone else have anything like this happen to them.
    A guy on my old HS football team got drafted in the third round by the NY Giants back in like '01-'02, something like that. I remember withstanding a hit from him at practice (he was 6' 6" 245 lbs and I was 5' 9" 150 lbs back then), so I can say I took a shot from an NFL Player. Well, sort of, he was the same height but weighed 300 lbs when he got drafted.

I think he's out of the league now.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 02 May 2008 at 11:55 AM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. Three of my old classmates got drafted into the NBA. I've gotten into fights with all three. They were dicks but I did bump into them again about two years ago and were more chill than when they were in high school.

7. Not to do with sports but I was cool with the bass player of "The Sleeping" when I was in college (one of there tracks can be purchased on Guitar Hero III).

Also, a friend of mine was cool with the lead singer of "The Strokes" (Julian Casablancas) when he was a student at the college I went to for one semester before he dropped out and became famous. My friend and him would practice together and jam on shit but he told me he never wanted to contact him because they weren't that close of friends and he felt it would be tacky.
    Last edited by Jason; 02 May 2008 at 12:01 PM.

8. My best friend's cousin roomed for 2 years at college with James Van Der Beek. He said he was the biggest pothead he's ever met.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

9. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    He said he has the biggest forehead he's ever seen.
    Fixed.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Fixed.
    HA! you made me laugh, for real.