Page 1 of 40 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Valkyria Chronicles [PS3/PC]

1. Valkyria Chronicles [PS3/PC]

Just got my copy in the mail yesterday. This game is unbelievably good. If you don't have a PS3, you need to buy one to play this.

Anyone else playing it?

2. I was waiting for it to get English-y first. How's the language barrier?

3. I don't think it would be too hard to play through if you can't read Japanese. The story is pretty good though, so you might want to wait for the English release.

The battles are awesome, the story is awesome, characters are awesome, etc. I couldn't ask for any more really. GOTY.

4. I want to play this but I don't have a PS3. The fact that this guy is in it is also awesome.

5. It's a strategy RPG (rather different from most SRPGs I've played in that there is more of a real-time aspect to the fighting) made by Sega's Sakura Taisen team, set in a WWII type of story line. It starts in the village Bruhl, which gets attacked, and the story picks up from there as you try and fight your way out (I'm still in this part of the game). I just learned how to ride in tanks and toss grenades, and the game just reached a whole new level of awesome.

One other cool aspect of the game is the whole game is played out in short chapters in a book. If you want to replay a battle section, or view a story cinema, you just flip to that page, and click on the particular picture that represents the episode. Each page has a handful of sections to choose from.

6. This is the only thing I'm waiting for after MGS4 on the PS3, it looks fabulous, and I'm glad someone's loving it.
    All is well.

7. I'm up to Chapter 4 now, and the battles are getting really large. I'm getting my ass kicked as well. Goddamn tanks and snipers are knocking my guys off left and right. If one of your guys dies on the battlefield you have 3 turns to have someone run over and call the medic to take them away, otherwise you lose them for good.

You get to have 20 members in your squad at any time, you can recruit new ones whenever you like as well. Vyse is quite good, as is Aika. Their bios say they came from a "strange country". You can recruit them right from the start.

But yeah, right now this is definitely GOTY for me. I've never played anything quite like it, and it's as addictive as crack.
    Last edited by blueskied; 03 May 2008 at 11:18 PM.

8. This game looks unbelievable. I like the idea of real-time battles taking place within a traditional SRPG.

I'll be getting a PS3 for this.

9. I knew the PS3 would be more useful than access to downloadable gaming sooner or later. Want!

James