Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Creation/Editing programs

1. Music Creation/Editing programs

Hey. Anyone know of any decent freeware music creation programs available on the net? You know, something simple, maybe with a timeline that I can drop various sound effects/samples into, some ability to create my own custom sounds/tunes, stuff like that? If you know of anything, please link me. Thx.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. For music creation, Garage Band is great for Macs. The PC really doesn't have a (legally) free equivalent as far as creation goes.

However, for editing/recording, Audacity is great for PCs. Just make sure to download/install the MP3 plugin and you're set.

3. I do my stuff in 2 programs: Adobe Audition, which is a sound recording / editing / arranging program, and Propellerheads Reason, which is a bunch of really solid software synths, samplers, drum machines and effects. I export shit i made in Reason as .wav files and then arrange them with Audition, along with stuff i recorded myself.

Both these programs are fairly expensive, but I got them for free *ahem*

4. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    However, for editing/recording, Audacity is great for PCs. Just make sure to download/install the MP3 plugin and you're set.
    I have Audacity. But isn't that just for recording, period?

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. You aren't just limited to messing with recorded sounds in Audacity, you can also import existing sounds from outside sources and edit/mix those.

6. This is how Apple sells people Macs.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

7. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    You aren't just limited to messing with recorded sounds in Audacity, you can also import existing sounds from outside sources and edit/mix those.
    Hmm, interesting. I'll fuck around with it. Thx.

8. Sorry I'm late to this party, but I hardly come round here. Try out buzz tools which is a freeware music creation program with user created plugins and such. Also do a search for "music trackers" which is what you're looking for for drag and drop type .wav sound music creation.

Renoise is a low key popular tracker type program but its not free.

9. Interesting. Thanks, I'll check it out.

*EDIT* I can't find it. The only Buzz Tools I can find is some software tools site for machine embroidery and cross stitching. wtf.

Link, pls?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09 May 2008 at 07:59 PM.

10. http://www.milkytracker.net/

MilkyTracker is a FastTracker][ clone for Windows. It works like most other tracker programs-- there is the sequencer (I believe it supports up to 64 channels), and you have the ability to load any sample into the program or to create a new sample and draw it yourself.

It's 100% free, of course. You can tweak the settings and create legit Amiga modules, or just save in the standard FT2 .xm format.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flasch-InstrumentEditor.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	35056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flasch-SampleEditor.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	35057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raina-Scream.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	35058  
    Last edited by koda; 19 May 2008 at 07:11 PM.