Thread: Router issues

1. Router issues

I've got a Netgear router that's a few years old (model WGR614v6) and just a few days ago it started dropping my connection every few hours. Wireless and wired both die out until I power cycle it and my cable modem.

I've got the latest firmware on there so I'm not sure what else to do. Time to invest in a wireless-n router?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Get a new router, whatever is happening on yours is common in netgear and fatal, I went through 3 of them in a few years same EXACT issue.

3. I had the same problem with my WGR614(v5 I think), switched to D-Link's gaming router now everything's gravy.
    All is well.

4. Yep. My old router was the same you have except I think ver. 2 or 3 and it always dropped on me. Always.

Get a new router.

5. Nice, it was better last night but if it keeps up I'll grab something new. I don't want to be like Weeman, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

6. Definitely get a new router, I think I had the same model and died about a year and a half ago.

7. This looks like a good deal.

8. Route the internet through your butt.

9. Put teh internet cables in your butt and then suck on some batteries whilst clutching your mouse. That should get you online.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!