Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Users and Options

1. New Users and Options

My friend just joined and is rather frustrated that he can't get his picture of the wrong VicViper to appear as his avatar. It's within proper resolution and size constraints, but I'm sure there's some sort of new user restriction on avatars just like there is new threads. Ye olde FAQ yields no help as to the limit, and I've never had to know because I fucking live here.

So, what's the deal?

2. Thanks for referring your friend, if you did. There are no special limits for new users on anything but the ability to start topics. If you get the avatar or a link to it, I can make it work.

3. Oh, I did.
    I'm sure he'll be here momentarily with a link. He says he's tried everything, but the boards just won't accept it.

4. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...VicViperav.jpg

I've tried uploading it from my PC, as well as using that link and neither have worked. I appreciate the help very much though. Are there specific filetypes I should be using? I'll admit I only gave a cursory glance at which are fine since it's a jpeg and those are typically A-OK.

Its a shitty avatar anyway.

6. It's supposed to be temporary until I can make a better one, but if I'll have to go through some sort of ordeal just to update it again I'll probably stick with it not to bother anyone.

7. I'm guessing he only uploaded it as a profile picture and not as an avatar, since I see it in his profile. I'll fix it.
    Last edited by Nick; 02 Jul 2008 at 05:38 PM.

8. Yep. Welcome aboard, Commodore.