Thread: Audacity problem

1. Audacity problem

Hey. I've used Audacity for a while, and it's a neat little sound recording/mixing program. It works fine on my PC (XP service pack 2), but I installed it on my nephew's PC (Vista) and it's not working properly.

The problem? You know the little drop-down box that allows you to select your recording source (Line-In, Microphone, What U Hear, etc)? It's greyed out. Now, I thought it might be his PC's sound card (or, rather, a lack of one- it appears to just generate sound via ther speakers only. Is this possible?) so I bought him a little $30 PCI Soundblaster card (same one I use, BTW), thinking that might be the answer (I was limited in my Audacity recording options before I installed it, although not to the degree he is). Teh card installed fine, but the drop-down box is still greyed-out. I downloaded updated sound drivers, no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled Audacity, no luck. Any suggestions?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. This is a common OS bug, apparently:

vistas4noobs

3. Wow, thanks. That answers all my questions.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww