Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 313151617

Thread: Doom

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

Oh, and does anyone take Keighley seriously anymore since the Doritos incident? Or did they ever?
    Do you think he's lying about the melee combat?

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The XBOX port of Doom 3 was better paced with less backtracking, and I think BFG edition incorporated those changes as well.
    I have managed to acquire the Xbox and BFG versions but haven't touched either. I should rectify that. And the expansion.

Really I think they just needed to cut out the random section in the last third where the game built up to going to hell and then wandered back into the base for a while for no reason. Totally killed the build up,

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Yoshi's right. They're both good games that don't play exactly like the previous entry.

The worst part of Doom 3 came because they listened to the fans and padded the game's length. It may not be what some people wanted from the license but that doesn't make it a bad game.

The Doom 1 fan remake running on the Doom 3 engine was pretty great. I wish they would've done all the episodes.
    I really should play this, I never have. I was waiting for more episodes (I understand why but I just don't think it would be any detriment at all) but whatever. Seems like a good thing to do today.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 20 Jul 2014 at 11:17 AM.

4. I get their legal reasoning even though I don't think id would've actually stopped them, but their desire to go get real jobs was more understandable.

5. Doom 3: BFG- not all that impressed. It's not bad, and I'm going to press on, but so far it seems to only have one gimmick (lots of shadows) and one environment. There is more variety in setting in the first level of Doom 1 than there is in what I've played so far, which is up to just past where the two-headed guys show up to not be much of a threat. I'm also thinking playing on Normal may have been a mistake.

James

6. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Just use the new engine to remake Brutal Doom. Bam, it's good to go.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    It's been years since I played, but I remember Doom 3 being BORING AS SHIT. One of the things I remember from the good Dooms was getting overwhelmed at times we swarms of enemies, and I don't really remember that happening in Doom 3. It seemed like you were always taking on just 1, 2 or maybe 3 enemies at a time. It had a much slower pace, and for me just didn't feel anything like a Doom game.
    I just played through Brutal Doom recently and had forgotten how panic-inducing it can be to be low on health and accidentally trigger a trap where a wall drops and 20 demons swarm the fuck all over you. Damn.

Doom 3 is a solid game, but it doesn't have that intensity.