Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21214151617 LastLast

Thread: Doom

1. It better not be a talkie.

Doom 3 was dumb and had shitty-feeling weapons.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Why do people hate on Doom 3?
    Probably because it lacks slaughtering huge mobs and reveling in the corpses strewn all about. It's not as action-oriented as D1/D2/Final/64- rather being more of a FP survival horror game than the balls-out carnage fest they're used to.

Melee finishers may not be a bad thing. I think id could come up with some good shit here, including several particularly grisly Berserk-powered kills. If the chainsaw is used and that hit kills the monster, let things be messy. Visible damage on monsters and corpses that do NOT spontaneously disintegrate would be nice.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Doom 3 was dumb and had shitty-feeling weapons.
    Ur dumb and have a shitty feeling weapon
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Realizing I had Doom 3:BFG but not played it at all, combined with feeling completely uninterested in anything else I have going right now, made me decide to play it. Also, cheap Doom-everything pack on Steam today, which I realized I didn't have. Less than $4 to slot them in my library, and faster to install than the CD version? Sure, why not?

James

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Why do people hate on Doom 3? It wasn't perfect but it was a good game still.
    It's been years since I played, but I remember Doom 3 being BORING AS SHIT. One of the things I remember from the good Dooms was getting overwhelmed at times we swarms of enemies, and I don't really remember that happening in Doom 3. It seemed like you were always taking on just 1, 2 or maybe 3 enemies at a time. It had a much slower pace, and for me just didn't feel anything like a Doom game.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

It was the Doom equivalent of SotN.

In no way was Doom 3 like SoTN.

They turned into into a survival horror. Sure, Doom was a bit scary if you were like 8 or 9. But even then, you got over that by like level 3 if you kept playing and saved your progress.

They made that scariness the whole point of Doom 3. You couldn't use your gun and flashlight at the same time. You had shit coming out of the floor. Tons of hidden closets with monsters in them.

9. Yoshi's right. They're both good games that don't play exactly like the previous entry.

The worst part of Doom 3 came because they listened to the fans and padded the game's length. It may not be what some people wanted from the license but that doesn't make it a bad game.

The Doom 1 fan remake running on the Doom 3 engine was pretty great. I wish they would've done all the episodes.

10. The XBOX port of Doom 3 was better paced with less backtracking, and I think BFG edition incorporated those changes as well.
    It didn't do anything about the magically appearing enemies or nuisance PDA, though.