Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The busy life of a freelance games information writin' guy

1. The busy life of a freelance games information writin' guy

Stuff

Received an early birthday present from a friend in Japan.
    A limited edition Uniqlo UT Sega vintage TShirt with Akira on it in all his polygonal VF1 glory.
    Cool stuff.

There is no E3 worth speaking of anymore and definitly no E3 in May yet this month doesnt seem to have lost any of its impact in the games industry.
    Sega, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Konami, Activision, Eidos, Capcom etcetera have events going on all over the world causing over stressed editors at mags and websites to turn to me for additional help.
    I can live with that, its easy money and doesnt require me to fly to LA and stay there for far too long at hotels at my own dime.

One of the things I will be covering is an event in Oslo, a city I have never been to before so that should be fun.

The organisers are promising the following: An entire camp, filled with tents, camp fires, drunken soldiers. It'll be like stepping onto a movie set! They will have 50 uniformed vikings, many of them on horses, acting out an actual battle. They have an actor for Conan, live entertainment, an orchestral performance of the soundtrack and much more. And when the night falls we will head into a dungeon underground and celebrate in a Stygian harem! There will be TV cameras there, there will be celebrities and 400 VIPs.

Kinda sounds like the Killzone 1 launch party 4 or so years ago.
    Cool stuff.

Overworked but enjoying it so far.

2. Ali, I like you and all but what's the point of this post? (Attention?)

You don't see Reno, Sqoon or Makaze coming on here making threads like this. Why should you be any different?

3. Ego

4. That he has a sandy vagina.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    Ego
    http://www.myspace.com

6. It would be better if it was at least organized in some form of professional manner instead of turning into the unintelligible drivel that seems to be common among the lesser 50% of game journalists. But perhaps that is how you know you've made it in the big leagues.

7. Huahuahuahua

8. lol journalist. How do wages compare to the PR folks at the actual game companies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Ali is the cornerstone of the industry. Show a little gratitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    lol journalist. How do wages compare to the PR folks at the actual game companies?
    Let's not make flying around and playing video games into a shitty gig, now. At least for a high school dropout like Ali
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 May 2008 at 05:04 PM.

10. See. If TNL had profile blogs like Got Next has. We could avoid such situations.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt