Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC-FX

Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    That 3D demo shot looks really familiar. Is that an actual game and I'm just blanking or what? Maybe I had that issue. Hmm.
    It looks a hell of a lot like Starfighter for the 3DO to me.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

2. Zeroigar is a piece of shit game. A really crappy-ass shooter.

Zenki is quite good, as is Pia Carrot. That's about it for the PC-FX. I had one awhile back, but sold it once I realized I had more ears and eyes than it had good games.

3. I always wanted to pick one of these up to try out Team Innocent... How good is the emulation in Magic Engine FX?
    "with new weapons perceived some disquieting movement"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    That 3D demo shot looks really familiar. Is that an actual game and I'm just blanking or what? Maybe I had that issue. Hmm.
    Did you have an Archimedes?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Hey SSJN! You still got your PC-FX?!
    no, I sold it on eBay years ago for a little less than half of what I had into it.
    I really didn't mind taking the loss on that one.

6. I don't think I've ever been as disappointed with a console as I was with the PC-FX. I love the PC Engine. I hate FMV. I was a sad panda.

It does make the drop from SNES to N64 seem minor in comparison.

And that Gamefan supergrafxengine mentioned doesn't sound familiar. I think I had all the 1994 ones so that makes me think it's a 1993 one I missed. Those EGM scans bring back memories, though.

Retro Game has an amazing feature on the PC FX this month.
    It's worth a read.

9. It really is a good article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Zeroigar is OK and Chip Chan Kick is great. Zenki also looks like it's worth checking out but justifying a PC-FX system purchase to use it with only 3 games is tough. TG there's Magic Engine FX.

Not having arcade titles on PC-FX by the likes of Taito, Namco, Konami, or Capcom really blows, and makes the library feel rather lacking compared to the PCE. Namco's Assault would've been great to see on PCFX, if the system had hardware scaling and rotation.

Some 2D STG called Kuma Soldier was planned for it. This looks hella lot like a Super Star Soldier series title, but it was a no-show. Shame.