Thread: Far Cry 2

1. Far Cry 2

I searched as best I could for a previous thread, but couldn't find one. Merge with it, if there is one.

But Ubisoft Montreal showed of the map editor at GC2008, and it looks amazing. With the ability to create, share, and download countless maps on the consoles could make this (multiplayer?) FPS of the year.

The fire propagation and destructible environments (I don't know the extent that its destructible, but the video showed shooting off individual limbs of a tree) also make this look all the better.

Hopefully the gameplay holds up to the proposed additional content.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/900/900012p1.html
    Last edited by OGcritic; 21 Aug 2008 at 09:58 PM.

2. Who's developing this? The Instincts dudes or the team of the original game? I recently finished the original and loved it; Instincts was pretty bad in comparison.

That said, Instincts had a great map editor. Gets a lot of credit for making an attempt at a console map editor that strays from the typical grid-based over-simplified stuff. This looks like an evolution of that, so it's already off to a great start.

What's preventing them from giving players some primitives that they can rotate, scale, and change textures on, though? That would open things up so much, so why not?

edit: developed by Ubi Montreal. Eh.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Who's developing this? The Instincts dudes or the team of the original game? I recently finished the original and loved it; Instincts was pretty bad in comparison.
    Ubi Montreal. Not sure if it's the Instincts team in particular, but CryTek has nothing to do with this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Who's developing this? The Instincts dudes or the team of the original game? I recently finished the original and loved it; Instincts was pretty bad in comparison.

That said, Instincts had a great map editor. Gets a lot of credit for making an attempt at a console map editor that strays from the typical grid-based over-simplified stuff. This looks like an evolution of that, so it's already off to a great start.

What's preventing them from giving players some primitives that they can rotate, scale, and change textures on, though? That would open things up so much, so why not?

edit: developed by Ubi Montreal. Eh.
    Yeah, I've never played instincts, so I don't know how it compares to the original, but Ubi Montreal were the ones that developed instincts.

I started a thread here: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=49518

You probably didn't find it because the search tool doesn't like three letter words.