Page 1 of 37 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Capcom: Street Fighter 4 is in the works.

1. Capcom: Street Fighter 4 is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Insert Credit
    Capcom, at a Comic Con panel, reportedly said that Street Fighter 4 is in the works. No further details, unfortunately.
    And, well, that's it.
    I'm scared.

...I mean, ComicCon? Why ComicCon?

2. It'll suck. You know it will, why are you torturing yourself with false hopes?

It's probably not even a SF4 game, it's a new anime or comic series or some other shit. In the end, that could be for the best because remember this game has to be an improvement over Third Strike to be legitimate. Is that even possible?
    Time for a change

Don't the Final Fight Revenge people have the rights to the Street Fighter franchise now?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Don't the Final Fight Revenge people have the rights to the Street Fighter franchise now?
    Yup.

5. So... I guess the real question is which game's sprites will they be recycling for Street Fighter 4. I'm hoping to see more of that tacky low-res sprites on high-res backgrounds, like in CFJ or CvS2.

Third Strike is still one of my favorite games, period. But I'm having trouble getting excited over anything new Capcom does with 2D fighters.

6. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    emember this game has to be an improvement over Third Strike to be legitimate.
    That's not hard to do.

7. As far as I've heard, the Capcom rep didn't specifically say anything about a SF4, he just said they hadn't forgotten about the franchise and something was in the works. Typical vague corporate answer. So it's probably a SF3 collection or some shit.

I don't honestly expect to see a totally new SF game ever again.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Wilykat
    But I'm having trouble getting excited over anything new Capcom does with 2D fighters.
    Wasn't their 2D department shut down? That's what's bugging me about this (i.e. it'll be 3D).
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0r
    That's not hard to do.
    No no, hard implies difficulty. You seem to be confusing that with easy, which is lack of difficulty.

9. ComicCon announcement=SF4 is a 3D Cell-shaded fighter

10. And, we weep.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird