Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite director, actor, character designer, ect.

1. favorite director, actor, character designer, ect.

Do you have a favorite ANYTHING with anime? My favorite director is Miyazaki, favorite studio is Gainax, favorite music from a tv series is FLCL, favorite music from a movie would be Princess Mononoke, and thats all I can think of for now. Favorite character (male, female, whatever), weapon, vehicle, world, manga to movie translation, dub, action scene, ect. Whatever you want to list, ANYTHING GOES!
    pwned by Ivan

2. Iku-zei!

Favorite Male Seiyuu: Takagi Wataru (GTO)
    Favorite Female Seiyuu: Megumi Hayashibara (Cliche, yes, but she wasn't my favorite until she did Faye. Now that's range, baby. Plus, she's fairly cute in real life as well)
    Favorite Studio: Sunrise (Gundam, original Dirty Pair, Escaflowne Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus)
    Favorite Director: Watanabe Shinichi
    Favorite Music from a TV Series: Cowboy Bebop
    Favorite Anime Composer: Yoko Kanno
    Favorite Anime Related Band: The Pillows
    Favorite Male Character:
    Favorite Female Character: Lina Inverse
    Favorite Vehicle: Liger Zero
    Favorite Anime Universe: Slayers
    Manga to Movie Conversion: Urusei Yatsura 2
    Action Scene: Cowboy Bebop--Ballad of Fallen Angels, Cathedral Scene
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!

3. Remember, don't just list stuff from the catagories I listed, make your own if you want to.
    Rii, who is Watanabe Sinichi?
    psst, forgot to fill in one of your lists
    pwned by Ivan

4. Watanabe Shinichi's the director of Excel Saga.

My list:

favorite character all-around: Kintaro Oe
    favorite teacher: Eikichi Onizuka
    favorite kawaii character: Skuld from AMG
    favorite f'd-up series(comedy): Excel Saga
    favorite f'd-up series(drama): SE Lain
    favorite space series(comedy): Captain Tylor
    favorite space series(action): Cowboy Bebop
    favorite video game to anime conversion: Fatal Fury
    favorite Gundam series: 08th MS Team
    favorite Gundam scene: Wing Zero's revival in Endless Waltz
    favorite underrated composer: Christopher Franke, Tenchi in Love movie
    favorite thing about DBZ: Super Saiyajin powers
    favorite American anime: Transformers the Movie
    favorite ending: Goldenboy

5. So many questions: The Excel Saga director, what else did he direct? About Rii's manga to movie conversion, was the second Urusei Yatsura movie based on a manga? Freeter, who's that in your avatar? You sig is funny as hell, what is it exactly?
    pwned by Ivan

6. I have trouble coming up with a favorite male anime character. THere are simply oodles of cool male anime characters, but no single one stands out as being super awesome as much as Lina towers above all other anime females. So I left it blank.

My own catagories? Let's see...
    Favorite Catchphrase: "ORE NO UTA WO KIKE!"
    Best Pre-pubescent Character: Ruri Hoshino
    Most Tantalizing But Unfortunately Failing to Live Up To It's Own Potential Anime Movie: Spriggan.
    Most Fucking Evil Bastard Piece Of Shit Character I Hope You Die and Burn In Hell You Fucking Shit: Griffith
    Biggest Fronter: Knives. All that big talk, and he freaks out after being shot once or twice. Yeesh.
    Best Character Whose Dub Version Doesnt Live Up To His Original: Hiei
    Best Use of English: Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust.
    Character I Feel Most Upset About Finding Attractive: Excel
    Best Reason To Just "Forget" How Crappy The Endings of Eva and KareKano Are: FLCL
    Best Use of a Motorcycle: Reiko Whatsername, in Goldenboy
    Best Spelling of the Protagonist in Hellsing's Name: ALUCARD, GOD DAMMIT!

7. Best show everyone talks sh!t about which is actually pretty good....Dragonball Z

Best story ever...Evangelion

Greatest show I refuse to watch again til everyone gets off the 'D'...Cowboy Bebop

Best old-school show yet to get the DVD treatment...Blackjack the series

Best Hero\Main villain relationship....Guts\Griffith ,Spike\Vicious (couldve been so much more), Shinji Ikari\the World

Best looking show that sucks,yet everyone still loves it....The Big O

Best show that would freak out all the fake assed Adult Swim Anime fans so much so that they'd never watch the medium again...Boogiepop Phantom

Best idea that sadly turned out to be a big hoax\joke..."Out of the Orbit" the Outlaw Star Movie

Best yet to be released domestically show everyone talks much ish about that I guarantee I will love to the death....Noir

Most delayed release that will still be more than worth the multiple delay inducing insane-ness...Eva Movies, Fooly Cooly

Best series to make love to....Legend of the Overfiend,Hamtaro

lee

godlovesugly

8. Originally posted by Green
    Freeter, who's that in your avatar? You sig is funny as hell, what is it exactly?
    Avatar: Slick from Sinfest, the best Web comic around.

My sig is from a recent Penny Arcade strip. The "Zettai" game is a PS2 title where you have to deal with the environment as your enemy, or something like that.

9. I resent being called the enemy of Shinji Ikari. That little twip isn't worth my time :P

10. Uh... for every category, just fill in the applicable answer from Adolescence of Utena. Best. Anime. EVAR!!!!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids