Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pulse

1. Wipeout Pulse

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74611
    Sony has announced that a new WipEout game for PSP will be released this September, courtesy of Studio Liverpool.

WipEout Pulse promises 24 new, reversible circuits to race around in new ships shooting people with new weapons while listening to new licensed music, including songs by Mason, Loco Dice and Stanton Warriors.

You'll be able to race against your friends in ad hoc and infrastructure modes, coating yourself in the liveries of eight new in-game racing teams.

More impressive, Sony reckons, will be in the introduction of a new track element called the "Mag-Strip" - this will lock ships to the surface of the track temporarily, allowing level designers to include things like loops, vertical drops and 90-degree angled sections to mess with your head.

Which, it turns out, they will be doing in seven game modes, with a Training section also introduced to show you everything from steering to shooting.

Finally, there'll be scope for personalisation and showing off, with the option to store your own music (MP3s) on a Memory Stick and listen along while you play, while a Photo Mode will allow you to take shots of your ship and post them online.

And, says Sony, the fun won't stop in September either, with downloadable content lined up for launch and afterwards, including new tracks, ships and tunes.

Disappointed it isn't PS3, but , regardless.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Same here. Wipeout on a next-gen console please.

3. New console version pls.

Any Wipeout is good news, though.

NDDC

Not Daytona Don't Care

5. DROGTFO

Designers Republic or GTFO.

6. I used to love Wip3out. So sad to see these guys just don't want to do a console version. Need a 360 version with total online competition. I'd never sleep.

Hold your breath.

8. I wonder if it'll come with like eight tracks and then double in size when you factor in the DLC.

Really though, this will be awesome. And PSP bullshots are pretty funny.

9. 60fps pls.

Quote Originally Posted by DougDaBroadcasta View Post
    I used to love Wip3out. So sad to see these guys just don't want to do a console version. Need a 360 version with total online competition. I'd never sleep.
    Theres one coming to PS3, using the Motorstorm engine.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

I think I just came. New Wipeout = day one.

Loops and such are hardly new to Wipeout, by the way - Wipeout Fusion had them. Hopefully this game doesn't suck, unlike Fusion.