Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL Flcl thread

1. Anno didn't direct it, though I think the guy who did character designs for Eva did the designs on this one. The dvd will have director commentar, though (!!!). Now I've only seen it once (ep 1-5), and the show is alot of nonsense. What I mean is that the show isn't just weirdness for weirdness sake, what I mean is the animation can morph into different styles anytime during the show. My experience seeing it was very visceral, its a show you FEEL before you understand. However, there is a story underneath the oddness, it might not make much sense in the end, but I honestly couldn't care less. FLCL was pretty much the first show to utilize the digital cell technology that began with Lain with a big budget and VERY fluid animation. You will see some of the most amazing things, imagine the first time you seen the first mech fight in Eva but with 10X more imagination and balls.
    As for giving you a story summary, well, the protagonist is a 14 year old boy (I think), there Haruna who is a crazy lady who claims to be an alien (I heart Haruno), and there are mechs involved. There is a love triangle. I can't remember too much of the story, though. The story and characters aren't the focus so much as the crazy style of the show, imo.
    pwned by Ivan

2. Mystery Solved.

My order still says "Pending Shipment" but the shipping date has been changed to 8/13/2002.

So no FLCL for us !! Until August.

- Kabuki

3. wow.

I just checked out the 1st ep of FLCL...and it oozes with coolness, style and fucking attitude. Very creative and it had that matrix shit going on.

Also gotta add that there is an insane amount of incredibly sheer madness going on in some parts.

can't wait to check out ep 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. It gets better man, ohhhh it gets better.
    pwned by Ivan

5. FLCL - Episode 5 = Best battle scene EVER.
    If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years.

6. so uhh... any of you pissed that the new formal release date is now set for sept. 3rd ?

from Anime on DVD:
    According to a brief press release sent out this evening [which should be a thursday that i pulled this from], FLCL Vol. #1 now has a fully formal date of 09/03/2002.
    from ANS:
    Distributors & Retailers who have ordered before pre-book will have them in hand well before the date.
    so it's possible that this delay won't even matter.

7. Originally posted by Reno
    FLCL - Episode 5 = Best battle scene EVER.
    He is not lying. Episode 6 has a badass battle too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. FLCL is the show of the gods.
    Makes no sense to me either, lots of obscure Japanese culture references or something so a lot of it went over my head. I'll love to hear the director's commentary and more coherent subtitles.
    The soundtrack is awesome, I agree. Last Dinosaur is my favorite track, too.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Well, I checked around today and no place had it. However, Amazon has it listed as to ship in 2-3 days, so I ordered it. Thing is, I've ordered anime from them before, and a few times 2-3 day orders would stretch out a few days. So who knows. I hope to have it early next week.
    pwned by Ivan

10. Well guys, tommorow is the day. Here is Animeondvds review:
    http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/1618.php
    pwned by Ivan