Thread: Weathering Continent - $9.99

1. Weathering Continent - $9.99

BEST DEAL OF THE MONTH

Weathering Continent dvd - $9.99

Fans of Arion, Five Star Stories and Greek Mythology should check out this title.

It's one of the best hidden gems that almost nobody knows about but should see at all costs.

Also a great price considering it retails at $30.

OTHER MUST HAVE TITLES

Genesis Climber Mospeada - $24.99
    Southern Cross - $24.99

Both Mospeada (1983) and Southern Cross (1985) are famous for not only being the sequels to Macross but for being combined to form Robotech. Both are remastered and include a booklet inside the boxsets. Essential for fans of Macross, Gunbuster and those that enjoy Mikimoto style character designs.

2. OTHER MUST HAVE TITLES

Record of Lodoss OVA - $23.47

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack - $11.49

Urusei Yatsura Movie 2: Beautiful Dreamer - $7.56

Heroic Legend of Arslan Boxset - $19.99

Cleopatra DC - $3.99

1) All 13 episodes of the one of the best anime for sword and sorcery. Essential viewing for all fans of the Fantasy genre.

2) The dramatic conclusion to the Gundam Zeta saga and easily the best of all the Gundam movies ever made.

3) If there is any movie that will get you hooked onto the Urusei Yatsura franchise it is Beautiful Dreamer.

4) Incredible Fantasy Anime that ranks up there with Record of Lodoss, one of the best of the early 90's.

5) Based on the same manga artist that did Area 88, defintly recommended to all fans of City Hunter style anime.

OTHER LESS NOTABLE STUFF

Nadia vol 1-10 - $4.99 each
    Elf Princess Rane - $5.99
    YS vol 1-2 - $6.99 each
    Virtua Fighter Vol 1-2 - $9.99 each
    Madonna - $3.99
    Madara - $8.99

All Available at Rightstuf
    Last edited by mcarocks2003; 24 Nov 2006 at 03:46 PM.

3. Oh shi~

The Lodoss War set that my cousin trashed! And it's the second printing with the cleaned-up sound! Also, Char!

Say, is that Gundam Movie box still around and does it include Char?

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Oh shi~
    Say, is that Gundam Movie box still around and does it include Char?
    UC Gundam Movie Pack which contained the Movie Trilogy, Char's Counterattack and Miller's Report is now out of print. However it wasn't that great since it was just a brick with no individual artwork covers, inserts or booklets. It's much better to pick up Char's Counerattack up seperatly because it comes with an awesome booklet and slip cover as seen above.

While the Gundam Movie Box only contains all 3 original Gundam movies in a nice art box. However the release only comes with the re-recorded Japanese 5.1 soundtrack which has new sound effects and replaced music. It's inferior to the original stereo 2.0 mix. To get the original audio or the english dub you have to sadly buy the movies on vhs.

That Weathering Continent looks hot.

6. I ordered the Excel Saga imperfect collection for $32 because of that sell.

I already have the thin pack, but I'd rather have the thick cases and a friend of mine is willing to trade the first two volumes of FLCL for said thin pack once the FLCL special edition thing comes out.

7. Animeigo are having another sale:

Click Here to go the Animeigo Sale

Recommendations:

Urusei Yatsura
    Arcadia of My Youth
    Battle Royal High School
    The Dagger of Kamui
    MADOX-01
    Otaku No Video
    Riding Bean

8. i agree with your recommended list, but it fails for lack of:

Bubblegum Crisis
    Bubblegum Crash
    AD Police
    Vampire Princess Miyu

actually, i don't know if i can agree with Battle Royale High School. i found it to be pretty meh. everything else is good, though.

[geek] i used MADOX 00 as my first AOL sn. for whatever reason they wouldn't let me have MADOX 01. i also had to settle for Bean Bandt as an sn, since i couldn't get Bean Bandit for probably the same reason as MADOX 01. man, i'm cool. [/geek]