Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero: The Thread

1. so being a caveman, I am thinking of getting this for my PS2. Roommate got the 360 version and it looks like they made Judy Nails NOT ugly again. Great!
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

2. Too bad the game itself is basically the ugly step-child of Rock Band 1, only with a half-ass song creation system tacked on.

It amazes me that the drums have somehow managed to be even more broken than the Rock Band 1 drums were out of the box.

I also hear that the timing window for hitting notes has somehow been made even larger than it was in GH 3.

3. Ha, my roomie was still missing notes in No Sleep Til Brooklyn.

I wonder if the song creation stuff is even in the PS2 version. Not that I'd really use it anyway.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

4. What's the word on the new guitar? Worth bothering with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. This game should be called Ape Hero: 1 Year Late.

They stole every fucking thing from RB and can't even do it right.

You can now earn star power during star power.
    You can now create your own caveman.
    You now know when you're playing a solo, due to a string connecting notes.
    You can now play Fur Elise on the guitar, bass and drums out of the box.

It just all feels so awkward and forced like a 6th grade dance.

6. It's awkward and forced, like Chuck proposing to a woman when he's in love with a man.

At least he told me he was in love with me...

7. We have secret bromance, David.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    This threw me off the first time I saw it.

I will say I like the background for the TOOL songs. It looks much better than just playing them on a cartoonish stage.

I also don't like the drums. I was using my RB drums and something didn't seem right. I also don't like it when you use the pedal and all the colors light up at once, it's distracting. Also having the notes flow down like it's on a guitar neck is retarded too. Use a bigger area, spread that out.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    This game should be called Ape Hero: 1 Year Late.

They stole every fucking thing from RB and can't even do it right.

You can now earn star power during star power.
    You can now create your own caveman.
    You can now play Fur Elise on the guitar, bass and drums out of the box.

It just all feels so awkward and forced like a 6th grade dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    This threw me off the first time I saw it.

I will say I like the background for the TOOL songs. It looks much better than just playing them on a cartoonish stage.

I also don't like the drums. I was using my RB drums and something didn't seem right. I also don't like it when you use the pedal and all the colors light up at once, it's distracting. Also having the notes flow down like it's on a guitar neck is retarded too. Use a bigger area, spread that out.
    Well that doesn't sound too good. I've been hearing mixed reports. Some podcasts (I think 1up Yours/FM) were saying they really enjoyed the game, especially the drums. How is the guitar though? I want to get a GH guiatar for RB. I know the GHWT guitar isn't out by itself yet, but depending how much they charge for the standalone guitar, I may just get the guitar bundle for $99.

10. Totally anecdotal of course, but a friend of mine bought two GHWT guitar packages so that he'd have two guitars. Green button on both of them shit the bed in a matter of hours.