Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero: The Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking around or not.
    I don't think Dole does the Bemani thing. And since Harmonix and their "no timing-based scoring" left the building, I'm guessing he isn't.
    Last edited by Cheebs; 24 May 2008 at 11:22 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post

This picture worries me. It looks like it's finally getting too complex to even bother with.
    I'll probably use it to transcribe some drum parts from existing songs that aren't in any "band" game and not bother with the other instruments...If I get GH4 at all that is.

I agree. Doesn't look very user-friendly, does it?

3. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/220729.html

velocity sensitive. The harder you hit the louder it is.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Drums look like a major improvement over Rock Band.

Should be interesting to see what else they have up their sleeve.

5. A higher price point. $189 for current gen, and $179 for PS2.

6. Damn. It's going to be harder than I thought to pick my next rock game. Drumming is my #1 attraction to these games, and that looks like a big improvement.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    A higher price point. $189 for current gen, and $179 for PS2.
    Good call:

GameStop is currently showing a release date of October 27th, with the bundle costing a whopping $189.99 on the PS3, 360, and Wii (the PS2 bundle is listed at $179.99). They’re also offering a guitar-only bundle, which is set at $99.99 on all four systems, and the game by itself (standard pricing of $59.99 for PS3/360 and $49.99 for Wii/PS2).
    Drum-only bundle or no sale IMO.

8. i just hope it includes a lot of metal songs, that was my big problem with the rock band game. not enough METAL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

9. Cowbell attachment for drumset plz.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Elkino1 View Post
    i just hope it includes a lot of metal songs, that was my big problem with the rock band game. not enough METAL!!
    Actually I hope it doesn't take these three companies too much longer to realize the rock genre restriction is retarded. There's no reason any song with guitar/bass/drum instrumentation couldn't be in the game. Let's see some folk/jazz/country/bluegrass/hippy jam shit/blues/latin/whatever.