Thread: Argh! My Printer is Gay!

1. Argh! My Printer is Gay!

I have a Kodak Easyshare 5100 and for the life of me the printer won't stay connected. I can turn it off and turn it back on and sometimes it will reconnect but sometimes it won't. Plus how the hell do I get the photo paper try to work? Anyone know anything about this printer?

[edit]
    Would there be a reason my printer won't print black out even though it tells me it has black ink? I've cleaned the heads, took them out and put them back in, and re-calibrated my printer (interesting enough black prints out on the test sheet but not with any else I try). Could there be any other reason or thing to do? I went to the kodak website but that was useless, I emailed them in the end but who knows when they will get back to me and I need something printed out for work tomorrow.
    Last edited by Brand; 21 Jun 2008 at 12:02 AM.

2. haunted

check the cables, and read the book to learn how to operate the photo paper tray

3. What program are you using to print? The connection issue sounds like a driver (pc) or extension (mac) issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    haunted

check the cables, and read the book to learn how to operate the photo paper tray
    My parents gave me this printer after they had it and thus the book that came with it is lost to the 4 winds.

What program are you using to print? The connection issue sounds like a driver (pc) or extension (mac) issue.
    I was trying to use the Kodak Aio Home Center, which is the program that goes with that printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    My parents gave me this printer after they had it and thus the book that came with it is lost to the 4 winds.
    I bet you can find the manual on the internet.

Try typing "model number" manual into google and be amazed!

6. Oddly enough since I've played around with it a bit, the only software it seems to be having a problem is with it's own. If I use any other program to print it's fine. If I load up the Kodak software to do something, it doesn't register the printer being connected.

7. Hardware vendors almost always ship their products with shitty software. Printers are especially bad for this.

Is your problem with scanning? I would assume if you are on PC that whatever you are trying to print is just spooled up by the Windows print queue. If you are having problems with scanning, do you have Photoshop?

9. I use photoshop for scanning. The problem being is I wanted to print stuff on photo paper and to do so you need to go though their software.

10. Bumped for more printer lameness.