Thread: .SWF to VIDEO converter issue.

1. .SWF to VIDEO converter issue.

I'm trying to put up some .swfs on my companies website. Here's the scoop:

I'm using http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player for the media player. The forums really haven't helped much but when my .swf is played only the top left quadrant of the .swf is playing, the rest you can't see.

I opted to use a .swf to video converter to convert to .flv but then file size becomes a issue. 1.5mb .swf turns into a 48mb .flv. Is there anyway to decrease the file size as I don't want to stream that big.

I want to use that player so the files have to be converted from .swf to either .wmv or .flv.

2. is quality an issue? you could always pump your flvs through ffmpeg and reduce the dimensions and fiddle with the bitrates of the audio and video...

3. Quality is not an issue. They look about 90-95% of the original .swf's. Tomorrow I'll u/l the .flvs and test em out.

I'm really not too sure about video converting. Is the way I am doing it the best way?

4. my ffmpeg is just a suggestion (as that's what I use personally for converting videos between formats) but any software that can encode flv will do the job fine, and yeah if quality isn't of any concern I'd say lowering the bitrates on the audio/video would be a good way to get around the size issue

5. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    my ffmpeg is just a suggestion (as that's what I use personally for converting videos between formats) but any software that can encode flv will do the job fine, and yeah if quality isn't of any concern I'd say lowering the bitrates on the audio/video would be a good way to get around the size issue
    Thanks, I'll mess around with ffmpeg today.

6. Do you have the original .fla files? Why not make them .flv files in Flash?

7. OK Brand.... good call.. I can make .fla's. I know you can't export the .fla's into .flv's... how do you make the .fla's into .flv's?

I have CS3.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    OK Brand.... good call.. I can make .fla's. I know you can't export the .fla's into .flv's... how do you make the .fla's into .flv's?

I have CS3.
    Apparently you need CS3 Professional to do it, sorry my bad.

9. Ahhhhhh so close.

10. Fixed. OMG. What a hassle.

First I had to take the .exe's and extract them into .swf's, no big deal. Then take all of the .swf's and convert them to .avi's using Sothink SWF to video converter.

After that I used Riva .flv encoder for the .avi to .flv conversion. It was a pain in the ass trying to find the right software to do everything but in the end I used J W FLV Player with a xml playlist and everything looks as I wanted it too....

The CS3 flash video encoder could of done the .avi to .flv conversion but I heard good things about Riva when searching all this up.

Thanks for the help tho!