Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1929313233

Thread: Hadron Supercollider = We're All in Trouble...Right About Now

1. Ah, ok. That was long before europeans ever encountered the mayans, though, so the date translation would have used our current calendar.

2. I have no idea when the discovery of the Mayan Calendar happened, it is possible it was after. The switch to the gregorian calendar system happened in 1582 it looks like.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Well shit. For some reason I had it in my head that the Gregorian calendar was invented around the time of the schism in the 11th century. Orthodox churches still use the julian calendar.

In other news, the cern website is posting bulletins from the future.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Unless who ever translated the Mayan calendar took the 2 - 3 year fuck up into account when figuring out the translation to our year, then yes it would effect it. That's all besides the point though because, THE MAYANS DON'T PREDICT THE END OF THE WORLD. I seriously want to find the person who started this 2012 bullshit and kick them repeatedly in the balls, 2,012 times.
    The 2012 thing has nothing to do with the number 2012 though, it's the year 5026 (or something) on the Mayan Calandar. If our calander were different it would just mean Emmerich would have to rename his shitty movie.

Like you said it's retarded anyway, because there is no Mayan doom prediction, it's just the equivalent of a Y2K thing where their odometer flips. They use some kind of base-13 numbering system and this is when they'd go back to 0000. Somewhere along the way someone decided that means the end of the world, because they're retarded.

5. http://www.vgtv.no/?id=27553

WHO'S THE MAD MAN NOW

that is a fucking flashlight
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.