Thread: Mysterious Cities of Gold finally coming to US DVD this year; ALSO: MOVIE

1. Mysterious Cities of Gold finally coming to US DVD this year; ALSO: MOVIE

Yup.

Tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this.

Now if only they could get Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea out too.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 19 May 2008 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. NO WAY..... I remember this show back on Nick like years ago. Saw this back when i was like 8 or 9. All i remember was the flying golden bird and their adventure to find the main characters dad. I will be adding this to my collections of DVD's.

sweet!

4. I watched this every-damn-day when I was a kid. They would never play it at a regular time, so I had to keep flipping back to Nickelodeon occasionally between Pinwheel, Belle and Sebastian, and The Little Prince in the hopes that it would be on. Nickelodeon used to be awesome.

5. Holy crap, there's a movie coming too. The original writer owns the production company, so hopefully it should be in good hands. Dunno if I like the idea of it being 3D, though.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 19 May 2008 at 11:34 AM.

6. US release details finally announced:
    Arts Alliance America and Fabulous Films are working together to release Mysterious Cities of Gold in North America on DVD April 7, 2009.

Originally airing in Japan in 1982, "Mysterious Cities of Gold" aired in the US in the 1980's on Nickelodeon and NBC.

"Mysterious Cities of Gold" Synopsis
    It is 1532 and Esteban, a Spanish orphan, is on a quest to find his father. He joins a party of Spaniards as they search for one of The Seven Cities of Gold in The New World. Zia, An Incan girl named Zia, and Tao, the last descendant of the sunken empire of Hiva, help Estaban on his search. On their journey, the three of them discover many lost technological wonders of the Mayans, Inca, and Olmecs - including The Golden Condor, a huge solar-powered airship, capable of traveling considerable distances under the sun's power alone. They are constantly pursued by antagonists Gomez and Gaspard, who are also in search of the Cities of Gold.

A special Deluxe Edition of "Mysterious Cities of Gold" will be available for avid fans, which will include a 32 page collectors booklet, a 12 page historical facts booklet, 6 exclusive postcards and a double sided fold-out poster. This Deluxe Edition will be available for a suggested retail price of $79.95.

In addition, another configuration will be available, including the complete 6-disc series of 39 episodes with bonus features. It will be available for a suggested retail price of $49.95.

Sucks we don't get the medallion like the UK release, but after the long delay I'm just glad it's finally coming here.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 19 Jan 2009 at 05:28 PM.