Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 1 Games Not Released in the West

1. List is shamefully missing Vib Ribbon. Also, Critical Blow is a little known, but pretty cool 3D fighter.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne
    Vib Ribbon come out domestically?
    No North American release. It came out in PAL countries, though.

3. Soul Hackers and P2: Innocent Sin deserve a mention, too, as well as Tales of Phantasia Remake.

4. Not that well versed on Westerm releases especially during the last few years of the console's life but here are some additions. I can supply pics later.

Airgrave (Santos), Stahlfeder (Santos) - 2D vertical shooters by the same developer, not 32-bit quality but perhaps enjoyable for some, they're around Two-Tenkaku level but hand drawn

Blaze & Blade (T&E Soft), Blaze & Blade Busters (T&E Soft) - 4P simul ARPG series with really shit polygons but amazing gameplay, classes are truly unique eg mages have long button sequences for different spells, there are some item cheats using memory cards but still two of the lost great games of the era, Busters is very much like an expansion disc

Brightis (Quintet/Shade) - the final (thus far) and relatively unknown game in Quintet's soul series, polygons look a bit crap but a good title

Captain Commando (new) - goes beyond the Capcom arcade game in terms of arcade port quality (4P simul) but it probably costs as much as or more than the PCB

Culdcept Expansion plus (Omiya Soft) - slight upgrade/revision of the SS original, great Monopoly style board game but wouldn't recommend if you don't have some language skills, plus is the re-release with a bit more content

Doublecast (Sugar & Rockets) - fully animated adventure game, it's really more of a choose your own adventure type with superb production values and interesting story, probably the best of the Yarudora series

Rolling (Korokoro) Postman - think Cameltry with a postgirl

Sanvein (Success) - fairly sure this didn't come out in the West, arena type of shooter which reminds me of an Asteroids/Robotron mix

will think of more later....
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

Believe it or not, Sanvein did come out in all three regions. The NA release was titled "Shooter: Starfighter Sanvein"

6. I was always interested in The Adventures of Little Ralph, Rakugaki Showtime, Panzer Bandit, and Tobal 2.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Believe it or not, Sanvein did come out in all three regions. The NA release was titled "Shooter: Starfighter Sanvein"
    Ah now I remember....THE Shooting did come out as well IIRC.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

8. Quote Originally Posted by flux=rad View Post
    Gunner's Heaven probably belongs on this list.
    What he said.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. I would like to play The Adventure of Little Ralph, Suzuki Bakuhatsu, and Panzer Bandit, but locating and not paying a fortune for them would be difficult. Panzer Bandit is going for like 200 dollars on ebay

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Soul Hackers and P2: Innocent Sin deserve a mention, too, as well as Tales of Phantasia Remake.

Soul Hackers and Persona 2: Innocent Sin are really the only import PSX games I care about anymore. Though at least the Innocent Sin translation is going pretty well, I may be able to play it in English in the next year or so.