Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost Games

The Lost Games

It's sick how many games I've lost over the years, either lent to people who never gave them back or simply misplaced. I'm going to try a quick list:

NES:
    Rampage (lost behind a friend's couch)
    Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers (lent out and never returned)
    Duck Tales

SNES:
    One copy of Zelda: ALTTP, but I don't know where I got the second to begin with so that balanced out.
    Currently my system along with Tetris Attack and three controllers are ostensibly with a friend of mine. Who knows if he still has them.

N64:
    Click_Stick had my system and a bunch of games and disappeared with them.
    I lost:

The system with the expansion pack
    Star Fox 64
    Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    Robotron 64
    Goldeneye
    Rogue Squadron
    that tank game that was ludicrous
    Waverace 64
    Super Mario 64
    Perfect Dark
    Gauntlet Legends
    Castlevania 64

A bunch of other shit. I can't even remember. I'll update it if I can.

PSX:
    Warhawk
    Worms
    MvC
    Destrega
    Front Mission 3
    Colony Wars
    Bushido Blade

GBA:
    Ice Climbers
    Mario Kart
    Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

NDS:
    Mario Kart: DD
    and I recently found my copy of New SMB.

PS2:
    DDR Max
    DDR Max 2
    SSX Tricky
    Fantavision

GC:
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Hunter: The Reckoning

PC:
    Operation Flashpoint
    Beyond Good and Evil (I know, I lost BOTH copies)
    Most of Wizardry 8
    Diablo (twice)
    Diablo 2 (once)
    Starcraft, original (but I had the case, so once Bliz released the no cd patch I was ok)
    Half-Life
    Deus Ex (But I have the soundtrack CD)

The worst is that I really keep this shit well organized for the most part, so I have a lot of cases and boxes for these games, just no games. It's sad.

What have you lost over the years?
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 15 May 2008 at 07:00 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. A kid moved away with my copy of Street Fighter 2 SNES after I loaned it to him in trade for Final Fight.

Fucking kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Yeah that's happened to me a few times. I think that's where Duck Tales went.

I actually know where my copy of Star Fox 64 is but my friend out in Illinois won't give it back until I visit him again. It's been about nine years.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

4. Oddly enough, the only games I've lost are a result of my cosuin stealing them from me over the years...lol.

THe games I've had stolen are:

NES:

Rambo....LOL

SNES

A Link to the Past

N64

Mario 64

DC

Crazy Taxi 2
    Street Fighter 3 Third Strike

5. Aside from some shit my ex wife sold on me behind my back, literally the day before I was moving out, I haven't had anything stolen.
    I did however "steal" something from a kid I knew back in the day.
    When I was but a lad, I was one of like three kids in town who had a Master System. I borrowed Phantasy Star from one of the other kids. He was moving and called me to get his game back. I grabbed the game and gave it to my mom to drop off.
    A week or so later, I found the instruction manual in my room.
    I still have that instruction booklet.

6. The only game I lost that really, really bothers me was Bushido for the Sega Genesis. It wasn't so much the game as the fact that I got it for my birthday and never got to play it once, it just up and fuckered off on me.

Through the years I've lost about 50 nes games, 20 sega genesis games, etc etc

7. I think I've only lost two games, Star Ocean: The Second Story (PSOne) and Super Punch-Out (SNES). I think both games were stolen because I rarely lend out my games.

8. I lived in a fraternity house (yeah I know lol) and that's where the majority of my games ended up missing. But I did haul in a few myself

9. I had my PSOne, N64 and Dreamcast stolen from my old apartment around 2001. They had stolen around 100 games and a couple of controllers. Luckily they didn't touch my Saturn collection.

We had renter's insurance, so I'd bought most of what was stolen, and had enough cash to buy a PS2 and Gamecube as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    The only game I lost that really, really bothers me was Bushido for the Sega Genesis.
    Shit, that reminds me. I lost Bushido Blade for my Playstation as well, and I really, really fucking miss it.

I never lost a SMS or Genesis game.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 15 May 2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: why is my mind stuck on the master system?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie